SSC Solved Paper - CHSL (LDC & DEO) (2018)
General Awareness (held on 13-03-2018)
1. "Residex Index" is associated with which of these ?
(a) Share Prices
(b) Mutual Fund Prices
(c) Price Inflation Index
(d) Housing Prices
Answer: (d) Housing Prices
2. For internal financing of Five Year Plans, the Government depends on _____.
(a) taxation and public borrowing
(b) taxation, public borrowing and deficit financing
(c) Only taxation
(d) public borrowing and deficit financing
Answer: (d) public borrowing and deficit financing
3. In which language were the Buddhist literary works generally written ?
Answer: (b) Pali
4. Which of the following rebellion / agitation did NOT happen in the area of Bengal ?
(a) Sannyasi Rebellion
(b) Chuar Rebellion
(c) Pagal Panthi rebellion
(d) Baghera Rebellion
Answer: (d) Baghera Rebellion
5. Which of the following cities is closest to the Equator ?
Answer: (d) Singapore
6. Which of the following states has NOT met the boundary with Mizoram ?
Answer: (a) Nagaland
7. Who among the following is NOT a famous dances of Bharatanatyam ?
(a) Rukmini Devi Arundale
(b) T. Balasaraswati
(c) Yamini Krishnamurthy
(d) Jhaveri sisters
Answer: (d) Jhaveri sisters
8. At which place the first BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise 2017 (BIMSTEC DMEx 2017), held in October 2017 ?
Answer: (c) Delhi
9. Who among the following is a recipient of the first Life time Achievement award initiated by Badminton Association of India ?
(a) G.S.S.V. Prasad
(b) Nandu Patekar
(c) P. Gopichand
(d) Prakash Padukone
Answer: (d) Prakash Padukone
10. Most of the population in Sri Lanka follows .
Answer: (d) Buddhism
11. What is the relative molecular mass of water ?
(a) 8 u
(b) 9 u
(c) 16 u
(d) 18 u
Answer: (d) 18 u
12. What is the pH value of human blood ?
Answer: (c) 7.4
13. In India, who is known as the highest law officer ?
(a) President of India
(b) Attorney General of India
(c) Comptroller and Auditor General of India
(d) Advocate General of the State
Answer: (b) Attorney General of India
14. According to Indian Constitution, the Union body is called the Parliament.
(d) both Judicial and Legislative
Answer: (c) Legislative
15. Which is NOT an example of organism that breaks down the food material outside the body and then absorb it ?
(a) Bread moulds
Answer: (d) Snake
16. Each trait in the child can be influenced by DNA.
(a) only paternal
(b) only maternal
(c) both paternal and maternal
(d) neither paternal nor maternal
Answer: (c) both paternal and maternal
17. Who launched Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) in July 2017 ?
(a) Rajnath Singh
(b) Arun Jaitley
(c) Suresh Prabhu
(d) Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer: (b) Arun Jaitley
18. Which organisation has installed India's largest floating solar photovoltaic plant in Kerala ?
(a) Nuclear Power Corporation of India
(b) Power grid Corporation of India
(c) National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
(d) National Thermal Power Corporation
Answer: (d) National Thermal Power Corporation
19. 'ICAR' launched National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP) in association with World Bank. Where is ICAR (Indian Council for Agricultural Research) located ?
(d) New Delhi
Answer: (d) New Delhi
20. On 19 September 2017, Law Ministry approved Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, 2017. The Bill entrusts the responsibility to try cases of Fugitive Economic Offenders under .
(a) Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 (PMLA)
(b) Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2005
(c) Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2010
(d) Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 1995
Answer: (a) Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 (PMLA)
21. Due to an acceleration of 4 m/s² the velocity of a body increases from 10 m/s to 30 m/s in a certain period. Find the displacement (in m) of the body in that period.
Answer: (c) 100
22. The area under a Velocity-Time graph represents ______________.
Answer: (a) distance
23. A is known by different names in different parts of the world. It is called a 'hurricane' in North America.
Answer: (c) cyclone
24. Which of the statements given below are correct ?
(A) Alexander Noren won the Golf 2017 Masters Tournament.
(B) In 2017, Daniel Ricciardo raced in Formula One for Mercedes.
(C) In 2017 Pro Kabaddi League, Suraj Desai played for Jaipur Pink Panthers.
(a) Only A
(b) Only B
(c) B and C
(d) None of these
Answer: (d) None of these
25. In layout heading can be displayed hiding the text under them in Microsoft Word.
Answer: (b) Outline