Section- General Awarness Held on: September 2, 2016
1. Which one of the following is known as the Manchester of South India?
Answer: (c) Coimbatore
(a) P.V. Sindhu
(b) Jwala Gutta
(c) Yogeshwar Dutt
(d) Abhinav Bindra
Answer: (d) Abhinav Bindra
3. Which of the following id the first cricketer to score 1000 runs in an innings?
(a) Sachine Tendulkar
(b) Vinod Kamble
(c) Pranav Dhanawade
(d) Virat Kohli
Answer: (c) Pranav Dhanawade
4. Which of the following is the largest irrigation plant in India?
(a) Buckingham Canal
(b) Indira Gandhi Canal
(c) Upper Ganges Canal
(d) Tajewala Canal
Answer: (b) Indira Gandhi Canal
5. The soil of Kerala is rich in which of the following soils?
(a) Alluvial Soil
(b) Laterite Soil
(c) Sandy Soil
(d) Loamy Soil
Answer: (b) Laterite Soil
6. Which of the process is known as nitrification?
(a) Reaction of Nitrogen Monoxide
(b) Reaction of nitrogen dioxide with water to form nitric acid
(c) Conversion of ammonia to nitrites
(d) Conversion of nitrite to nitric oxide
Answer: (c) Conversion of ammonia to nitrites
7. Asbestos is found maximum in which of the following countries?
Answer: (d) Russia
8. Which country announces the imposition of a three month state emergency after failed coup?
Answer: (a) Turkey
9. Beighton Cup is related to which of the following sport?
Answer: (b) Hockey
10. Sun temple is situated in which of the following states?
(d) Tamil Nadu
Answer: (a) Odisha
11. The growth of bacteria is measured by :
Answer: (b) spectrophotometer
12. The sideways erosion which widens the river valley called?
(a) Lateral Corrosion
(b) Vertical Corrosion
(c) Side Corrosion
(d) Mean Corrosion
Answer: (a) Lateral Corrosion
13. The Constitution __________.
(a) is silent on the President's re-election to the office.
(b) allows re-election of a person to the President's post.
(c) restricts a person to remain President for only two terms.
(d) has been amended to allow a person only one term as President.
Answer: (b) allows re-election of a person to the President's post.
14. Smooth muscles are likely to be found in :
(a) muscles of legs
(b) muscles of arms
Answer: (c) stomach
15. Synagogue is the place of worship of :
Answer: (c) Judaism
16. The civilian airport of highest altitude is in :
Answer: (a) Tibet
17. The branch of biology which deals with extinct organisms is called :
Answer: (d) Palaentology
18. The least distance of distinct vision is :
(a) 35 cm
(b) 25 cm
(c) 45 cm
(d) 15 cm
Answer: (b) 25 cm
19. When will demand become a grant?
(a) When a demand is proposed
(b) After the discussion on demand is over
(c) After the demand is granted
(d) When the budget session is closed
Answer: (c) After the demand is granted
20. Summer rains in Australia broadly decrease from :
(a) east to west
(b) west to east
(c) north to south
(d) south to north
Answer: (c) north to south
21. The blue revolution is related with :
(a) Fish production
(b) Food grain production
(c) Oil seed production
(d) Milk production
Answer: (a) Fish production
22. Which is post-harvest folk dance in Assam?
(a) Ankia Nat
(c) Raut Nacha
Answer: (b) Bihu
23. The substrate of photorespiration is :
(b) Pyruvic acid
Answer: (c) Glycolate
24. The UNIX operating system is suitable for :
(a) Multi user
(b) Real-Time Processing
(c) Disturbed Processing
(d) Single user
Answer: (a) Multi user
25. Sink hole is a phenomenon of :
Answer: (d) Karst