Compendium - Sports and Games
1. Which country emerged champion of the FIFA Football World Cup-2018 ?
2. How many players are there in a 'Netball' team ?
3. Bull-fighting is the national sport of
4. Lee Chong Wei is world renowned player of
5. 'Punch', 'Bout', 'Ring', 'Jab' are terms associated with the game of
6. The 18th Asian Games 2018 were successfully organised in
- Jakarta and Palembang
7. How many players are there in a 'Baseball' team ?
8. The next FIFA Football World Cup in 2022 will be organised in
9. Who became India's 53rd Chess Grandmaster ?
- Nihal Sarin
10. Badminton is the national game of
11. Who emerged the champion of Australian Open Men's Singles Title 2017 ?
- Roger Federer of Switzerland
12. Durand Cup is associated with the game of
13. Who was the first Captain of Indian Test Team ?
- C. K. Nayudu
14. Where is Guru Govind Singh Sports College located ?
15. 'Canon', 'Cue' and 'Pot' are three terms associated with
- Both Billiards and Golf
16. What was India's rank on the medal tally of the 18th Asian Games in Indonesia ?
- Eighth Rank
17. 'Spa Francorchamps' Formula One circuit is located in
18. Barabati Cricket Stadium is located in
19. Who clinched the Wimbledon Open Women's Singles Title-2018 ?
- Angelique Kerber
20. Who won the FIFA Best Player Award-2016 ?
- Cristiano Ronaldo
21. What were the names of the mascots of 18th Asian Games ?
- Bhim Bhim, Atung and Kala
22. Which country emerged overall champion of the 18th Asian Games ?
23. What is the length of bowling crease in Cricket ?
- 8 feet 8 inches
24. 'Bajrang Punia' and 'Vinesh Phogat' are noted Indian players, associated with
25. Which country emerged champion of the Women's Hockey World Cup-2018 ?
26. Which Asian city will host the 2020 Olympic games ?
- Tokyo (Japan)
27. Which Indian cricketer is popularly known as 'The Wall' ?
- Rahul Dravid
28. Thomas Cup and Uber Cup trophies are associated with
29. Australian Open Women's Singles Crown is also known as
- Daphne-Akhurst Trophy
30. The Hungaroring Formula One circuit is located in
- Budapest (Hungary)
31. 'Cue', 'Jigger', 'Break Pot' and 'Cans' are the terms associated with the game of
32. What was the name of the mascot of the 2018 FIFA World Cup ?
33. Who emerged champion of the Wimbledon Open Men's Singles 2018 ?
- Novak Djokovic
34. Who emerged the champion of the Women's Singles title of the 2017 Australian Open ?
- Serena Williams
35. Ryder Cup is associated with
36. Nehru Stadium is located in
37. Ibrahim Rahimatollah Cup is associated with
38. Ferozeshah Kotla Stadium is located in
- New Delhi
39. The Indian Football team made its first appearance at Olympics in
40. Which state won its maiden Ranji Trophy Crown of 2016-17 edition ?