Compendium - Polity
1. The Prime Minister of India who did not face the Union Parliament was - Chaudhary Charan Singh
2. What is the electorate for a Panchayat?
- Gram sabha
3. The first Governor ever to be dismissed by the President was
- Prabhu Das Patwari
4. Who can initiate impeachment proceedings against the President of India? - Either House of Parliament
5. Judicial Review in the Indian Constitution is based on
- Procedure established by law
6. Who collects the House Tax?
- Municipality Corporation
7. Who is the chairman of national integration council ?
- Prime Minister
8. Which is the only Union Territory that has a High Court of its own?
9. Citizens an foreigners both enjoy
- Civil Rights
10. First woman speaker of Lok Sabha
- Meira Kumar
11. The first census was conducted in India at the time of which governor general?
- Lord Mayo
12. The Rajya Sabha has powers equal to Lok Sabha
- In amending the Constitution
13. An additional judge of a High Court holds office for a period of
- 2 years
14. In which country did the concept of Public Interest Litigation originated? - United States
15. Which was the first linguistic state?
- Andhra Pradesh
16. Which writ is issued by the court in’ case of illegal detention of a person? - Habeas Corpus
17. What is the total number of Fundamental Duties mentioned in the Constitution?
18. All the cases regarding interpretation of the Constitution can be brought to the Supreme Court under its
- Appellate jurisdiction
19. The Supreme Court originally consisted of how many other judges besides the Chief Justice?
20. By whom is the Contingency Fund of the State operated?
21. What is the source of “we the people” in the Preamble?
- United Nations
22. Ambedkar had said the “Article……should normally remain a ‘dead letter’and would be used only in the ‘last resort’ ?
- Article 356
23. Which Constitutional Amendment banned the floor crossing in Parliament? - - 52nd
24. When the Vice-President acts as President, whose salary does he draw? - President
25. Who was the first speaker of Lok Sabha?
- G. V. Mavlankar
26. Under which Constitutional Amendment, provision for minimum age as 18 years for the Indian citizen was made to become eligible to vote?
- 61st CAA , 1989
27. For how many months can the proclamation of emergency at the first instance be restricted?
- Six Months
28. The President of India can nominate to how many members to Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha respectively?
- 12 & 2
29. How many times Indian Constitution has been amended ?
30. Which committee was appointed by the government of India in 1986 to revitalize panchayati raj institutions for democracy and development?
- L.M. Singhvi Committee
31. A National emergency on the grounds of security threat is proclaimed under which article?
- A 352
32. By which amendment Delhi was designated as National Capital Territory?
- 69th CAA
33. In India, a three tier Panchayat is envisaged for states which have a population above ?
- 20 lacks
34. Who presides over the joint sitting of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha? - Speaker of Lok Sabha
35. On which date a separate constituent assembly was set up for Pakistan?
- 3rd June 1947
36. Jurisdiction of which high courts covers the Union Territory of Lakshadweep? - Kerala HC
37. How many subjects are in the Union list?
38. On which date Constitution of India was adopted and enacted by the Constituent Assembly?
- 26th Nov. 1949
39. Which of the following British Prime Ministers sent Cripps Mission to India? - Winston Churchill
40. The state wise allocation of seats in Lok Sabha is based on the 1971 Census.Upto which year does the remain intact?
41. Which Commission made the recommendations which formed the basis for the Punjab Reorganisations Act which created the states Punjab and Haryana?
- Shah Commission
42. Where was the first Municipal Corporation set up in India?
43. Who was the first woman to become the Prime Minister of a country?
- Sirimavo Bhandharnaike
44. The allocation of seats in present Lok Sabha is based on which Census?
45. In the Indian Constitution the Right to Equality is granted by five Articles.They are ?
- A16 to A20
46. Who is regarded as the father of Indian economic reform ?
- Manmohan Singh
47. Who elects the member of Rajya Sabha?
- Elected members of Legislative Assembly
48. In which year Rajya Sabha was established?
49. Who decides whether a bill is a money Bill or not?
- Speaker of Lok Sabha
50. Which State has the highest number of reserve seats for the Scheduled Tribes in the Lok Sabha?
- Madhya Pradesh