Compendium - Miscellaneous GK
1. Where is Davos, the venue of the annual meeting of World Economic Forum; located ?
2. Where is the Dewey Decimal system of classification used ?
3. The total number of Judges of the International Court of Justice is
— 15 (Fifteen)
4. Where is the permanent Secretariat of the SAARC located ?
5. Who gave the concept of 'Sea Floor Spreading' ?
— Harry Hess
6. 'Commonwealth Day' is observed on
— May 24
7. Who was the founder of the Red Cross Organisation ?
— Jean Henry Dunant
8. Who is the author of the book 'A House for Mr. Biswas' ?
— V. S. Naipal
9. 'Ustad Amjad Ali Khan', 'Ustad Ali Akbar Khan' and 'Ustad Alauddin Khan' are famous exponents of
10. Official reports or publications of Italy and Iran are known as
— Green Book
11. Where is the Headquarters of 'World Health Organisation' ?
12. Centre for Ecological Sciences is located at
13. 'Green Mufter' is related to
— Noise pollution
14. World Environment Protection Day is observed on
— November 26
15. 'Red Panda' is the symbol of
— World Wildlife Fund
16. Who is the author of the book, 'Social Ecology' ?
— M. Alihan
17. Japanese Art of Flower Arrangement is called
18. World Refugee Day is observed on
— June 20
19. Who is the author of the book, 'Swami and Friends' ?
— R. K. Narayanan
20. Which year is known as 'Demographic Divide' in India ?
21. 'Kodaikanal' is situated on which hill ?
— Palani Hill
22. The first state to implement National Food Security Act in entire north-eastern region
23. Man and Biosphere programme is affiliated with
24. The National Green Tribunal was established in
25. Who is the author of the book, 'The Brief History of Time' ?
— Stephen Hawking
26. Internal Security Academy is located at
— Mount Abu
27. Indian Navy commissioned its first Advanced Light Helicopter Squadron at Kochi in November 2013. What is the name of the helicopter ?
28. Well known film 'Chittagong', directed by Bedabrata Pain, is mainly based on the life of
— Subodh Roy
29. The Rohingyas are the minorities of
30. The year 2002 Code of Conduct related to territorial and maritime dispute in the South China sea was signed between China and
31. The Indian Army undertook Operation Meghdoot to establish Indian control over
— Siachen Glacier
32. Farkhor Air Base, operated by the Indian Air Force, is situated in which country ?
33. The Indian Research Station 'Himadri' is located at
— Arctic Region (Norway)
34. Sabin Award is given for the conservation of
35. 'An Inconvenient Truth' is film directed by AI Gore to promote public awareness about
— Global Warming
36. High Altitude Warfare School of the Indian Army is located at
37. 'AVAHAN' — the Indian segment of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) is engaged in the prevention of
38. The Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment is located at
— New Delhi
39. Pin Valley National Park is located in the state of
— Himachal Pradesh
40. Centre for Marine Living Resources and Ecology is located in
41. When was the World Wildlife Conservation Fund created ?
42. World Wetlands Day is observed on
— February 2
43. Who is the author of the book, 'The Unsuitable Boy' ?
— Karan Johar
44. 'Bhangra', 'Giddha', 'Daff' and 'Dhaman' are folk dances of the state of
45. Grammy Awards are given for outstanding work in the field of
46. The Headquarters of Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is located in
47. World Heritage Day is observed on
— April 18
48. The National Automated Clearing House (NACH) is operated by
— National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
49. The currency of the 'Kingdom of Denmark' is
50. The 'Indian Bank' is an Indian state-owned financial service company Headquartered in