Compendium - General Science
1. How many bones does a human skeleton have?
- 206 (Two hundred six)
2. Which is the longest bone present in our body.
3. How many vertebrae does a human backbone have?
- 33 (Thirty three)
4. How many pairs of ribs present in the rib cage?
- 12 (twelve) pairs of ribs
5. How many bones are present in an adult human?
- 206 (Twenty hundred six)
6. Which of our organs is protected by skull?
7. Which of our organs are protected by rib cage?
- Heart and lungs
8. Which type of joint is present in your keen?
- Hinge joint
9. What type of joint is present in your hip?
- Ball and socket joint
10. Which is the largest part of the brain?
11. Weightlessness experienced in a spaceship is due to:
- Absence of Gravity
12. Blue colour of the clear sky is due to:
- Dispersion of Light
13. What does airbag, used for safety of car driver, contain?
- Sodium Azide
14. Radian is used to measure:
15. Who had showed that the electric and magnetic waves are equal in vacuum?
- James Clerk Maxwell
16. Who discovered Diode Bulb ?
- Sir J. S. Fleming
17. Radio waves of constant amplitude can be generated with____.
18. What is the SI unit of luminous intensity?
19. What is the name of short duration wave?
20. ‘Oil of Vitriol’ is:
- Sulphuric acid
21. Paper is chemically _______ .
22. Impurity present in ore is ________ .
23. Which is known as ‘Metal of Future’ ?
24. Polio is caused by whom?
25. Ductless glands are known as:
- Endocrine glands
26. The first vaccine injected into a just born baby is ______.
27. Which are phagocytes in liver ?
- Kupffer cells
28. Which gland disapear during old age?
29. The study of Dendrology is associated with:
30. Theory of natural selection was proposed by:
- Charles Darwin
31. Which metal is present in Insulin?
32. Most of the red, blue and purple colours of plants are due to a pigment called_____.
33. Deuterium is ______ of Hydrogen.
34. Ozone is _______ of Oxygen.
35. Ammonia is synthesized through_______.
- Haber’s Process
36. Which material is used in making of safety matches?
- Red Phosphorous
37. Which gas is used in fire extinguisher?
- Carbon dioxide
38. Which gas is used in cigarette lighters?
39. Biogas chiefly contains ______ .
40. Chemical used as fixer in Photography is ______ .
- Sodium phosphate
41. Who firstly demonstrated experimentally the existence of electromagnetic wave?
- Heinrich Rudolf Hertz
42. The working of the quartz crystal in the watch is based on which effect?
- Piezoelectric Effect
43. What do we use as a moderator in nuclear reactor?
44. Which organs of body do store information in our memory?
45. What is the name of system which does control the different organs of our body?
- Nervous system
46. Where does our bone marrow found?
47. Which of the jaws does enable us to talk and eat?
- Lower jaw
48. Which organ does enable us to see things around us?
49. Which organ is responsible for reflex action?
- Spinal cord
50. Our brain is divided in how many parts?