Compendium - Economics
Set - 6
1. The banks are required to maintain a certain ratio between their cash in the hand and totals assets. this is called :
- Statutory Liquid Ratio (SLR)
2. Reserve Bank of India was nationalized in the year :
3. The major aim of devaluation is to :
- Encourage exports
4. The Gandhian economy was based on the principle of :
5. VAT is imposed :
- On all stages from production to final sale
6. The share of road transport in total transport of the country is :
7. Which state of India has the highest per capita income ?
8. The terms 'NEER' and 'REER' are related with :
- Foreign exchange rate
9. NABARD stands for :
- National Banks for Agriculture and Rural Development
10. Which brand/company uses the ad line "We know India better"?
- LIC of India
11. Paper currency first started in India in:
12. In India, who formulates the fiscal policy?
- Ministry of Finance
13. The budget deficit means :
- difference between all receipts and all the expenditure
14. Capital Market comprises of :
- Stock markets and Bond markets
15. Which is the first Export Processing Zone declared as Free Trade Zone in India ?
16. Who gave the call for Evergreen Revolution ?
- M.S. Swaminathan
17. Bhandari Committee was related to :
- The reconstruction of RRB
18. In India, the term Black Revolution is associated with :
- Self- dependence in the production of petroleum crude oil
19. National Rural Health Mission was launched in :
- April 2005
20. Meera Seth Committee was related to :
- Development of Handlooms
21. Who was the Census Commissioner for the census 2011 ?
- C. Chandramauli
22. Government has merged Annapurna Scheme with :
- National Old Age Pension Scheme
23. The three important gold fields in India are :
- Kolar Gold Field, Hutti Gold Field and Ramgiri Gold Field
24. The Money Order System in India was introduced in the year :
25. Income Tax in India was Introduced by :
- William Jones
26. During which Five Year Plan was phase of heavy industrialization initiated ?
- Second Five Year Plan
27. The apex body of Indian Money Market is :
- Reserve Bank of India
28. Security Printing Press is located in :
29. Finance Commission is constituted after every :
- Five years
30. Total number of workers divided by the population is called :
- Worker population ratio
31. The countries known as 'The Four Pacific Tiger Economics'
- Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong and South Korea
32. Operating surplus arises in the
- Enterprise sector
33. What is the tertiary sector of economic development?
- Service sector
34. Short term finance is usually for a period ranging upto
- 12 months
35. 'Bottle neck inflation' means
- No rise prices despite increase in aggregate demand
36. The major six sector of Bharat Nirman Yojana are
- Irrigation, Roads, Housing, Water Supply, Electrification and Rural Communication
37. Who is responsible for establishing and maintaining a sound and efficient accounting and financial reporting system in India?
- The Comptroller Auditor General of Accounts
38. NABARD was established on the recommendation of
- Shivaraman Committee
39. Devaluation of currency will be more beneficial if
- price of exports remain constant
40. Fiscal deficit in the Union Budget means
- The sum of budgetary deficit and net increase in internal and external borrowings
41. In India, inflation is measured by the
- Wholesale Price Index number
42. In which of the Parliamentary Financial Committees is the Rajya Sabha not represented?
- Estimates Committee
43. All revenues received and loans raised by the Union Government go into
- Consolidated Fund in India
44. Deficit financing implies
- Public expenditure in excess of public revenue
45. India's first port based Special Economic Zone named International Container Transshipment Terminal (ICTI) is being set-up at
46. Development expenditure of the Central government does not Include
- Defence expenditure
47. For International money transfer which Indian public sector bank has signed MoU with 'Money Gram' company of America?
- Punjab National Bank
48. National Old Age Pension Scheme (NOAPS) which was originally launched in 1995 has been renamed
- Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
49. The Company in which shareholders possess the ownership limited to their paid up capital is called
- Limited Company
50. Trade, Transport, Communication, Banking, Insurance, Real Estate, Community and Personal Services are the part of
- Tertiary Sector