SSC Solved Paper - CGL (2017)
General Awareness (held on 17-08-2017) Shift 1
1. In a centrally planned economy, the ________ plans all the important activities in the economy.
Answer: (c) Government
2. ________ says that if we keep increasing the employment of an input, with other inputs fixed, eventually a point will be reached after which the resulting addition to output (i.e. marginal product of that input) will start falling.
(a) Law of diminishing marginal product
(b) Law of variable proportions
(c) The Short Run
(d) The Long run
Answer: (a) Law of diminishing marginal product
3. ________ means that the Supreme Court will reconsider the case and the legal issues involved in it.
(a) Original Jurisdiction
(b) Writ Jurisdiction
(c) Appellate Jurisdiction
(d) Advisory Jurisdiction
Answer: (c) Appellate Jurisdiction
4. Which amendment of the Constitution of India increased the age of High Court judges from 60 to 62 years ?
Answer: (c) 15th
5. During their rule the British persuaded or forced cultivators in Madras to grow ________.
Answer: (d) Rice
6. The queen with title Didda ruled over which part of India between 980-1003 ?
Answer: (b) Kashmir
7. In the north-west, India shares its land boundaries with which country ?
(a) Sri Lanka
Answer: (d) Pakistan
8. The part of the Himalayas lying between Satluj and Kali river is known as ________.
(a) Punjab Himalaya
(b) Nepal Himalayas
(c) Kumaun Himalayas
(d) Assam Himalayas
Answer: (c) Kumaun Himalayas
9. Potato, tomato and brinjal are three different species but all belongs to which genus ?
Answer: (a) Solanum
10. The first formed primary xylem elements are called _________.
(c) Xylem fibres
(d) Xylem parenchyma
Answer: (b) Protoxylem
11. Nereis, Pheretima (Earthworm) and Hirudinaria (blood sucking leech) are examples of which Phylum ?
Answer: (c) Annelida
12. In human, the sound is produced by the _________.
Answer: (b) larynx
13. The vocal cords in men are about _________ long.
(a) 10 mm
(b) 20 mm
(c) 30 mm
(d) 40 mm
Answer: (b) 20 mm
14. The ________ uses an addressing scheme known as URL to indicate the location of files on the web.
(b) World Wide Web
Answer: (b) World Wide Web
15. Most liquids that conduct electricity are solutions of acids, bases and _______.
Answer: (c) Salt
16. Which base is present in milk of magnesia ?
(a) Magnesium hydroxide
(b) Ammonium hydroxide
(c) Sodium hydroxide
(d) Calcium hydroxide
Answer: (a) Magnesium hydroxide
17. ________ is the process of restoring a forest that once existed but was removed at some point of time in the past.
(d) Jhum cultivation
Answer: (b) Reforestation
18. ________ scheme launched by the Central Government to eliminate open defecation by constructing toilets for households, communities.
(a) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
(b) Gram Uday se Bharat Uday Abhiyan
(c) Stand up India scheme
(d) National RU URBAN Mission
Answer: (a) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
19. Who discovered Sodium ?
(a) Humphry Davy
(b) William Henry Fox
(c) J.J. Thomson
(d) Karl Benz
Answer: (a) Humphry Davy
20. Who was the 2016 Men’s Kabaddi World Cup Runner-Up ?
Answer: (b) Iran
21. Jama Masjid of Delhi was built in which century ?
Answer: (c) 17th
22. Which of the following won The Man Booker Prize 2016 ?
(a) The Sellout
(b) A Brief History of Seven Killings
(c) The Narrow Road to the Deep North
(d) The Luminaries
Answer: (a) The Sellout
23. Which of the statement given below are correct ?
(b) only 3
(c) 1 and 3
(d) 1,2 and 3
Answer: (b) only 3
24. What was United Kingdom’s rank in 2016 Human Development Index published by the United Nations Development Programme ?
Answer: (b) 16
25. Which railway station is used for immigration and customs of passengers who travel on the Thar Express between Pakistan and India ?
(a) Jalal Marri
(b) Zero Point
(c) Lal Pir
(d) Gujar Garhi
Answer: (b) Zero Point
Download PDF Notes
Indian States and Union Territories
Books and Authors
Haryana State GK
Punjab State GK
Rajasthan State GK
One Word Substitution
Idioms and Phrases