SSC Solved Paper - CGL (2017)
General Awareness (held on 06-08-2017) Shift 3
1. The _______ curve represents the demand of all consumers in the market taken together at different levels of the price of good.
(c) Market Demand
Answer: (c) Market Demand
2. The market structure called monopoly exists where there is exactly _______ seller in any market.
Answer: (a) 1
3. In which year was Communist party of India Marxist (CPI-M) founder?
Answer: (d) 1964
4. Which Fundamental Right in the Indian Constitution prohibits trafficking, forced labour, and children working under 14 years of age?
(a) Right to Equality
(b) Right to Freedom
(c) Right against Exploitation
(d) Right to Freedom of Religion
Answer: (c) Right against Exploitation
5. In 1528, ________ defeated the Rajputs at Chanderi.
Answer: (d) Babur
6. Which of the following was a leader of the Hindustan Socialist Republican Army founded in 1928?
(a) Khudiram Bose
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Chandra Shekhar Azad
(d) Subhash Chandra Bose
Answer: (c) Chandra Shekhar Azad
7. Land covers about ______ of the Earth's surface.
Answer: (b) 29%
Explanation: The majority of the Earth's surface is covered by oceans — that makes up 71% of the surface of the Earth, with the remaining 29% for land.
8. The uppermost layer over the Earth's surface is called the _______.
Answer: (c) Crust
9. The scientific name of human being is?
(a) Homo Nigrum
(b) Melongena Sapiens
(c) Homo Sapiens
(d) Tigris Solanum
Answer: (c) Homo Sapiens
10. In a majority of flowering plants, out of the four megaspores, what is the ratio of functional and degenerate megaspores?
(a) 2 : 2
(b) 1 : 3
(c) 3 : 1
(d) 4 : 0
Answer: (b) 1 : 3
11. The body of all complex animals consist of only ________ basic types of tissue(s).
Answer: (d) 4
12. Meter in a vehicle that calculates distance covered by the vehicle is called _______.
Answer: (2) Odometer
13. What is the SI unit of pressure?
Answer: (c) Pascal
14. ___________ Disk Encryption is a technology (hardware or software) where data is encrypted before storage.
Answer: (b) Whole
15. Oxide of which of the following will turn red litmus blue?
Answer: (a) Magnesium
16. Which of the following are highly compressible?
(d) Solid and Liquid
Answer: (c) Gas
17. _______ gases absorb long wave (infrared) radiation from the earth and emit it again towards the earth.
(c) Carbon dioxide
Answer: (b) Greenhouse
18. In April 2017, Chief Minister Amarinder Singh banned inclusion of names of Ministers and MLA's on Plaques and Foundation stones in which states?
(c) Himachal Pradesh
(d) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: (b) Punjab
19. Who invented bluetooth?
(a) Kirkpatrick Frankin
(c) Dr. Jaap Haartsen
(d) Charles Babbage
Answer: (c) Dr. Jaap Haartsen
20. Who was the winner of 2015 Men's Cricket World Cup?
(b) West Indies
Answer: (d) Australia
21. Rukmini Devi Arundale was a reputed dancer and choreographer in which form of dancing?
Answer: (c) Bharatnatyam
22. Who won the 2017 Pulitzer Prize for Drama 'Sweat'?
(a) Lynn Nottage
(b) Hisham Matar
(c) Healther Ann Thompson
(d) Colson Whitehead
Answer: (a) Lynn Nottage
23. A. The author of the novel 'The Correction' is Jonathan Franzen.
B. The author of the novel 'A visit from the Goon Squad' is Edward P Jones.
C. The author of the novel 'Forty Thieves' is Thomas Perry.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a) A and B
(b) B and C
(c) A and C
(d) A, B and C
Answer: (c) A and C
24. As per World Health Organization, a pilot program testing the first ever malaria Vaccine will begin in ________ in the year 2018.
(c) United Kingdom
Answer: (d) Africa
25. Bhutan does not share its border with which Indian state?
(a) West Bengal
(d) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: (c) Meghalaya