SSC Solved Paper - CGL (2017)
General Awareness (held on 10-08-2017) Shift 1
1. Which among the following is not an account under Balance of Payment?
(a) Current Account
(b) Capital Account
(c) Official Reserve Account
(d) Unilateral Payment Account
Answer: (c) Official Reserve Account
2. Match the following:
(a) 1-c, 2-a, 3-b
(b) 1-b, 2-c, 3-a
(c) 1-b, 2-a, 3-c
(d) 1-c, 2-b, 3-a
Answer: (b) 1-b, 2-c, 3-a
3. Who appoints Governor of a state in India?
(a) Prime Minister of India
(b) Council of Minister
(c) Judge of Supreme Court
(d) President of India
Answer: (d) President of India
4. What is the literal meaning of 'Certiorari'?
(a) We command
(b) To have the body of
(c) To forbid
(d) To be certified (or) to be informed
Answer: (d) To be certified (or) to be informed
5. Which among the following Mughal Emperor was illiterate?
(a) Shah Jahan
Answer: (c) Akbar
6. Where was the 'Azad Hind Fauj' founded?
Answer: (a) Singapore
7. Strait of Malacca separates which two land masses?
(a) Malay Peninsula and Indonesian Island of Sumatra
(b) Africa and Sri Lanka
(c) India and Sri Lanka
(d) North America and South America
Answer: (a) Malay Peninsula and Indonesian Island of Sumatra
8. The latitude which passes through Sikkim also passes through _____.
(d) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: (b) Rajasthan
9. Which of the following is not a plant hormone?
Answer: (d) Thyroxin
10. Nephrone is related to which of the following system of human body?
(a) Circulatory system
(b) Excretory system
(c) Reproductive system
(d) Respiratory system
Answer: (b) Excretory system
11. Which Vitamin is obtained from Sun rays?
(a) Vitamin A
(b) Vitamin C
(c) Vitamin K
(d) Vitamin D
Answer: (d) Vitamin D
12. Speed of light is maximum in ____
Answer: (a) Vacuum
13. What is the SI unit of electric current?
Answer: (c) Ampere
14. An IP address is _____ bit number.
Answer: (b) 32
15. Process of losing electrons is known as _____.
(d) both oxidation and reduction
Answer: (a) oxidation
16. Anion are formed by _______.
(a) losing of electrons
(b) gaining of electrons
(c) gaining of neutrons
(d) losing of neutrons
Answer: (b) gaining of electrons
17. Which among the following is the major cause of acid rain?
(a) Carbon dioxide
(b) Carbon monoxide
(c) Nitrogen oxide
Answer: (c) Nitrogen oxide
18. First state to implement Saur Sujala Yojana is _______.
Answer: (a) Chattishgarh
19. Who is known for the invention of 'World Wide Web'?
(a) Sir Tim Berners Lee
(c) Martin Cooper
(d) S A Forbes
Answer: (a) Sir Tim Berners Lee
20. B. Sai Praneeth is associated with which of the following sport?
Answer: (b) Badminton
21. Which of the following pair is incorrect?
(a) Muthuswami Dikshitar - Carnatic Music
(b) Parveen Sultan - Singer
(c) M.S. Gopalakrishnan - Violinist
(d) Nandalal Bose - Flute
Answer: (d) Nandalal Bose - Flute
22. Who among the following is the 2017 Asian Award recipient for the outstanding achievement in cinema?
(a) Kunal Nayyar
(b) Vishal Bhardwaj
(c) Om Puri
(d) Zeishan Quadri
Answer: (c) Om Puri
23. Who among the following is the author of the book 'Rekha': The untold story '' a biography on a veteran actress Rekha?
(a) Yasser Usman
(b) Anand Neelakantan
(c) Ram Kamal Mukherjee
(d) K. Vijay Kumar
Answer: (a) Yasser Usman
24. Which among the following country exited from Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) in Jan 2017?
Answer: (b) USA
25. Which of the following Country doesn't matches to its famous tourist place?
(a) China - Great Wall of China
(b) Bhutan - Paro Taktsang
(c) Nepal - Pashupatinath Temple
(d) Sri Lanka - Padmanabhaswamy Temple
Answer: (d) Sri Lanka - Padmanabhaswamy Temple