Polity- Practice Set 1
1. Which one of the following was not associated with the Hindustan Republic Association?
(a) Chandrashekhar Azad
(b) Jogesh Chandra Chatterjee
(c) Aurobindo Ghosh
(d) Bhagat Singh
2. Who gave the Indian National Congress the Constitution and made it a mass and cadre party?
(c) Motilal Nehru
3. “All administration means domination” who said this ?
(b) Martin Albrow
(c) R. K. Merton
(d) Talcot Parsons
4. The book “State against Democracy” (1988) is written by--
5. Who appoints the Inter-State Council?
(a) The President of India
(b) The Union Cabinet
(c) The Prime Minister
(d) The Union Home Minister
6. Identify the States whose State Assemblies are meet at places other than the State capital:
(a) Jammu-Kashmir & Madhya Pradesh
(b) Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka
(c) Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh
(d) Jammu-Kashmir and Maharashtra
7. Which amendment of the Constitution of India limits the number of Ministers?
8. Who wrote “Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign”?
(a) J.S. Mill
(b) M.K. Gandhi
(c) Jeremy Bentham
(d) Robert Nozick
9. Who is the first modern political thinker who deliberately ignores Aristotle?
10. Who is known as the sculptor of the constitution of India’?
(a) Rajendra Prasad
(b) V.V. Giri
(c) B.R. Ambedkar
(d) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
11. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(a) Lucian Pye: Modernisation Theory
(b) Wallerstein: World System Theory
(c) Theda Skocpol: New Institutionalism
(d) Karl Deutsch: Communications Theory
12. Who described Indian Politics as “Politics of Scarcity”?
(a) Myron Weiner
(b) Paul R. Brass
(c) Atul Kohli
13. According to Marx, freedom is based on--
(a) free will
(b) relations of production
(c) systems of government
(d) knowledge of necessity
14. The book ‘Freedom, Power and Democratic Planning’ is written by--
(c) Beneditto Crose
15. The Panchayati Raj is included in the--
(a) Union List
(b) State List
(c) Concurrent List
(d) Power Residuary
16. Block Voting was first introduced in--
(a) The USA
17. Limited Vote plan is a scheme of--
(a) free and fair elections
(b) majority rule
(c) proportional representation
(d) minority representation
18 . The first Systematic Classification of Government was given by--
19. A Money Bill passed by the Lok Sabha is deemed to have been passed by the Rajya Sabha also when no action is taken by the Upper House within:
(a) 10 days
(b) 14 days
(c) 20 days
(d) 30 days
20. Who among the following is/are not appointed by the President of India ?
(a) Governors of the States
(b) Chief Justice and Judges of the High Courts
(d) Chief Justice and Judges of the Supreme Court