HTET Solved Paper - Level II (TGT)
(held on 06-01-2019) English
1. "There is a mystery about his death and the police are looking into it."
The underlined phrasal verb means :
(a) To investigate
(b) To take care of
(c) To look behind
(d) To revise quickly
Answer: (a) To investigate
2. Choose the word which is spelt correctly :
Answer: (b) Disintegration
3. "They arrived soon after."
The word 'after' is used as :
Answer: (b) Adverb
4. Choose the correct word for the following expression :
One who makes maps or charts.
Answer: (b) Cartographer
5. Choose the most appropriate modal for the blank :
When I was young, I _________ climb any tree in the forest.
Answer: (d) could
6. "He wore a turban made of silk."
The underlined words are :
(b) Adverb phrase
(c) Adjective phrase
(d) Noun phrase
Answer: (c) Adjective phrase
7. Fill in the blank with appropriate preposition :
We stayed _________ Mumbai for five days.
Answer: (a) in
8. Fill in the blank with appropriate conjunction :
Grievances cannot be redressed _________ they are known.
Answer: (a) unless
9. Fill in the blank with the correct option :
I have not heard the __________ news.
Answer: (a) latest
10. Hearing the noise, the boy woke up :
Answer: (d) Participle
11. Fill in the blank with appropriate preposition :
We're going for a drive __________ the country.
Answer: (c) in
12. Choose the correct verb for the blank from the options below :
The earth __________ round the sun.
(d) shall move
Answer: (c) moves
13. Choose the correct answer from the options below :
"I took it home with me", She said.
(a) She just took it home
(b) She said she had taken it home with her.
(c) She said she would take it home.
(d) She said she will take it home with her.
Answer: (b) She said she had taken it home with her.
14. Fill in the blank by choosing the correct option :
He is _________ his glasses.
(a) look for
(c) looking for
(d) will look
Answer: (c) looking for
15. Choose the correct passive construction for the given sentence :
They were carrying the injured player off the field.
(a) The injured player was being carried off the field.
(b) The injured player will be carried off the field.
(c) The injured player must be taken off the field.
(d) Carry the injured player off the field.
Answer: (a) The injured player was being carried off the field.