Section- General Awareness Held on : August 27, 2016
1. Which one of the following is not a scheme/project of the present Government?
(2) Swachh Bharat
(4) Jan Dhan Yojana
Answer: (2) Swachh Bharat
2. Which of the following was India's first interplanetary mission?
(1) Chandrayaan Mission
(2) Mangalyaan Mission
(3) Aryabhatta Mission
(4) Philae Mission
Answer: (2) Mangalyaan Mission
(4) Rotation of the Earth
Answer: (3) Gravity
Explanation:- Due to gravity, our earth has an atmosphere. Gravity cause the gases to be held close to the earth instead of escaping into outer space. Beside, gravity makes the atmosphere denser closer to the earth - the upper layers push down against the lower layers.
4. Motor skill are associated with which part of the brain?
(1) Frontal lobe
(2) Parietal Lobe
(3) Temporal lobe
(4) Occipital Lobe
Answer: (1) Frontal lobe
5. Which enzyme is present in all member of the animal kingdom except Protozoa?
Answer: (4) Amylase
6. At boiling point of liquids, its
(1) Temperature increases
(2) Atmospheric pressure increase
(3) Temperature remains constant
(4) Vapour pressure decreases
Answer: (3) Temperature remains constant
7. A level of atmosphere which is composed partly of electrons and positive ions is called
Answer: (2) Ionosphere
8. In India which of the following taxes is levied by the State Governments?
(1) Excise duty on liquor
(2) Capital gains tax
(3) Customs tax
(4) Corporation tax
Answer: (1) Excise duty on liquor
9. After question hour, a motion moved by a Member of Parliament to draw the attention of Executive for discussing a definite matter of public importance is
(1) Privilege motion
(2) Calling attention motion
(3) Adjournment motion
(4) No-confidence motion
Answer: (3) Adjournment motion
10. The major objective of monetary policy is to
(1) increase government's tax revenue
(2) revamp the Public Distribution System
(3) Promote economic growth with price stability
(4) weed out corruption in the economy
Answer: (3) Promote economic growth with price stability
11. The only Viceroy to be assassinated in India was
(1) Lord Harding
(2) Lord Northbrook
(3) Lord Ellenborough
(4) Lord Mayo
Answer: (4) Lord Mayo
12. Which one is not the main objective of fiscal policy in India?
(1) To increase liquidity in the economy
(2) To promote price stability
(3) To minimize the inequalities of income and wealth
(4) To promote employment opportunity
Answer: (1)To increase liquidity in the economy
13. Who was the founder of the Theosophical Society?
(1) Justice Ranade
(2) Madam Blavatsky
(3) Annie Besant
(4) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Answer: (2) Madam Blavatsky
14. India recently signed Land Boundary Agreement with which country?
Answer: (4) Bangladesh
15. Who among the following Indian is one who has been selected on July 27, for the Ramon Magsaysay Award, 2016?
(1) Bezwada Wilson
(2) Kailash Satyarthi
(3) Kiran Bedi
(4) Maheshweta Devi
Answer: (1) Bezwada Wilson
16. The first Field Marshall of India was
(1) A.S. Vaidya
(2) K.M. Cariappa
(4) S.H.F.J. Manekshaw
Answer: (4) S.H.F.J. Manekshaw
17. "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need but not every man's greed". Who said this?
(1) Guru Nanak Dev
(2) Mahatma Gandhi
(3) Pope Paul VI
(4) Smt. Indira Gandhi
Answer: (2) Mahatma Gandhi
18. Who won the first medal for India at the Rio Olympics?
(1) Babita Malik
(2) Narsingh Yadav
(3) P.V. Sindhu
(4) Sakshi Malik
Answer: (4) Sakshi Malik
19. The most serious air pollution causing health hazard is
(1) Sulphur dioxide
(2) Carbon monoxide
(4) Nitrogen oxide
Answer: (1) Sulphur dioxide
Explanation:- Sulphur dioxide is considered as the most serious single air pollutant causing health hazard, obstructing breathing. It always lead to airways inflammation, eye irritation, psychic alteration, pulmonary oedema, heart failure and circulatory collapse. It is also resposible for acid rain.
20. Helium is added to the oxygen supply of deep sea diverse because it is
(1) Less poisonous than nitrogen
(2) Lighter than nitrogen
(3) Readily miscible with oxygen
(4) Less soluble in blood than nitrogen at high pressure
Answer: (4) less soluble in blood than nitrogen at high pressure
21. Terylene is a condensation polymer of ethylene glycol and which acid?
(1) Benzoic Acid
(2) Salicylic Acid
(3) Phthalic Acid
(4) Terephthalic Acid
Answer: (4) Terephthalic Acid
22. In IT, means that the data available in the database is both accurate and consistent.
(1) Data Security
(2) Data Availability
(3) Data Binding
(4) Data Integrity
Answer: (4) Data Integrity
23. On a clean glass plate a drop of water spread to form a thin layer whereas a drop of mercury remains almost spherical because
(1) Mercury is a metal
(2) Density of mercury is greater than that of water
(3) Cohesion of mercury is greater than its adhesion with glass
(4) Cohesion of water is greater than its adhesion with glass
Answer: (3) Cohesion of mercury is greater than its adhesion with glass
Explanation:- When liquid is placed on a smooth surface like glass plate, the relative strengths of the cohesive and adhesive force acting on that liquid determine the shape it will take. if the adhesive forces between a liquid and a surface are stronger, they will pull the liquid down, causing it to wet the surface. However, if they cohesive forces among the liquid itself are stronger, they will resist such adhesion and cause the liquid to retain a spherical shape and bead the surface. Mercury drop remains spherical on a plate of glass because its cohesive force is greater than its adhesive force with glass.
24. The smallest island country in Indian Ocean is
(2) Sri Lanka
Answer: (1) Maldives
25. The Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee of the Parliament is appointed by the
(1) President of India
(2) Prime Minister of India
(3) Speaker of Lok Sabha
(4) Chairman of Rajya Sabha
Answer: (3) Speaker of Lok Sabha