For becoming Post Graduate Teacher (PGT), there shall be only one paper.
No of MCQs - 150; Duration of examination : Two and a half hours.
The Exam will be of 4 parts, 3 of which having 30 questions and last one having 60 questions.
- The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning relevant to the age group of 14-17 years. They will focus on understanding the characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
- The test items for Languages (Hindi & English) will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction relevant to the age group of 14-17 years.
- The test items for Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability and Haryana G.K. and Awareness will focus on the elements of Mental and Reasoning ability and General Knowledge regarding Haryana State.
- The test items in subject specific will focus on the concepts, problem solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of these subjects. The test items shall be evenly distributed over different divisions of the syllabus of that subject prescribed for classes IX-XII by the Board of School Education Haryana.
- The questions in the tests for Level III will be based on the topics of the prescribed syllabus of the Board of School Education Haryana for classes IX-XII, but their difficulty standard, as well as linkages, could be up to the Post Graduate Level.
- For all Categories except Scheduled Castes and Differently abled/Physically Challenged : 60% (90 Marks)
- For Scheduled Castes and Differently abled/Physically Challenged of Haryana Domicile : 55% (82 Marks)
- For Scheduled Castes and Differently abled/Physically Challenged of Other State : 60% (90 Marks)