(a) Mercury thermometers
(b) Gas thermometers
(d) Colour thermometers
Answer: (c) Pyrometers
Answer: (c) radiation
3. Pump priming should be restored to at a time of ?
Answer: (b) Deflation
4. Heat is transmitted from higher temperature to lower temperature through the actual motion of the molecules in :
(d) Both conduction and convection
Answer: (b) Convection
5. In bio fortification technique plant breeders use breeding to overcome :
(a) Loss due to insect pests
(b) Decrease in food production
(c) Deficiencies of micro-nutrients and vitamins
(d) Loss due to plant diseases
Answer: (c) Deficiencies of micro-nutrients and vitamins
6. What is contained in Chlorophyll?
Answer: (d) Magnesium
7. What is the phenomenon which established the transverse nature of light?
Answer: (d) Polarisation
8. Why is Carbon Monoxide a pollutant?
(a) React with haemoglobin
(b) Makes nervous system inactive
(c) It reacts with Oxygen
(d) It inhibits glycolysis
Answer: (a) React with haemoglobin
9. The biogas used for cooking is a mixture of which of the following?
(a) Carbon dioxide and oxygen
(b) Isobutane and propane
(c) Methane and carbon monoxide
(d) Methane and carbon dioxide
Answer: (d) Methane and carbon dioxide
10. What is the name of the device used to convert alternating current into direct current?
Answer: (c) Rectifier
11. Why does ice covered in sawdust not melt quickly?
(a) Sawdust does not allow the air to touch the ice
(b) The water is absorbed by sawdust
(c) Sawdust is a bad conductor of heat
(d) Sawdust is good conductor of heat
Answer: (c) Sawdust is a bad conductor of heat
12. Which cell organelle is the site of photosynthesis and also contains chlorophyll?
Answer: (a) Chloroplasts
13. What are the components responsible for acid rain?
(a) Nitrogen monoxide and Carbon monoxide
(b) Sulphur dioxide and Nitrogen oxide
(c) Carbon dioxide and Carbon monoxide
(d) Oxides of carbon and Oxides of nitrogen
Answer: (b) Sulphur dioxide and Nitrogen oxide
14. Name the process by which bubbles from liquid are formed?
(b) Surface Tension
(c) Surface Energy
Answer: (a) Effervescence
15. What is Zeolite?
(a) Hydrated Aluminosilicate
(b) Hydrated Calcium Sulphate
(c) Dehydrate Aluminosilicate
(d) Dehydrated Calcium Sulphate
Answer: (a) Hydrated Aluminosilicate
16. The boiling point of water depends upon the :
(a) atmospheric pressure
Answer: (a) atmospheric pressure
17. The amount of insolation received at a place on the surface of the earth depends upon :
(a) its climate
(b) the longitude of the place
(c) its latitude
(d) the altitude of the place
Answer: (c) its latitude
18. Which apparatus is used to measure the intensity of light?
(a) Lux meter
Answer: (a) Lux meter
19. L.P.G. is mostly liquefied :
Answer: (c) butane
20. What is used in storage batteries?
Answer: (c) Lead