(a) Western disturbance
(d) Mango showers
(a) maize cultivation
(b) wheat cultivation
(c) barley cultivation
(d) rice cultivation
3. The smallest island country in the Indian Ocean is :
(b) Sri Lanka
4. Why the earth is having its own atmosphere ?
(d) Rotation of the Earth
5. Highest source of air pollution in the world is :
(c) Household wastes
6. The Himalayas are also known by the name :
(a) ancient mountains
(b) fold mountains
(c) valley mountains
(d) Indus mountains
7. Alluvial soils are rich soil for crop cultivation but are poor in :
(b) nitrogen and humus
(c) organic material
(d) inorganic material
8. Bamboo is classified as :
9. Which river originates from the Amarkantak plateau ?
(a) Narmada river
(b) Son river
(c) Betwa river
(d) Godavari river
10. In which of the following layer of atmosphere the absorption and scattering of the solar ultraviolet radiation takes place ?
11. Which is the thinnest layer of Earth.
(b) Outer core
(d) Inner core
12. Which of the following is the study of soil ?
13. In North-East India, which is known to be the largest fresh water lake ?
(a) Dal Lake
(b) Chilika Lake
(c) Loktak Lake
(d) Tsomoriri Lake
14. The study of earthquake is called :
15. Which of the following Indian States is broadly as large as the Euopean nation-Austria?
(b) West Bengal
16. Which of the following districts is on the international border of India?
17. The deposits of the ancient Tethys Sea were folded to form the :
18. The largest irrigation canal in India is called the :
(a) Yamuna canal
(b) Sirhand canal
(c) Indira Gandhi canal
(d) Upper Bari Doab canal
19. Atmospheric pressure exerted on earth is due to :
(a) rotation of earth
(b) revolution of earth
(c) gravitational pull
(d) uneven heating of earth
20. Pruning is an essential part in cultivation of :
Answer : 1. (a) 2. (d) 3. (a) 4. (c) 5. (a) 6. (b) 7. (b) 8. (b) 9. (a) 10. (c)
11. (d) 12. (b) 13. (b) 14. (d) 15. (b) 16. (b) 17. (a) 18. (c) 19. (c) 20. (d)