Answer: (b) Silicon
Answer: (a) AB
3. Who said that 'the real seat of taste is not the tongue, but the mind'?
(a) Aurobindo Ghosh
(b) Mahatma Ghandhi
(c) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(d) Swami Vivekananda
Answer: (b) Mahatma Ghandhi
4. Who among the following is a non-resident Indian?
(a) An Indian tourist
(b) A person of Indian origin working as a Computer Engineer in America
(c) A person of Indian origin employed in the U.N.O. office at New Delhi
(d) The Indian manager of State Bank of India branch in London
Answer: (b) A person of Indian origin working as a Computer Engineer in America
5. Which of the following Indian banks became the first to touch a market capitalisation of Rs. 1,00,000 crore in India?
Answer: (c) SBI
6. Which of the following Twenty-20 Cricket Rules is not correctly stated?
(a) Each inning has a time limit of 75 minutes. For every over bowled after that, the batting side gets extra 6 runs
(b) If a batsman falls to reach the crease within 90 seconds after the fall of wicket, the bowling side gets 5 penalty runs
(c) A bowler can bowl a maximum of 6 overs per innings
(d) Fielding restrictions are applicable for the first six overs of the innings
Answer: (c) A bowler can bowl a maximum of 6 overs per innings
7. Which of the following cities/towns lies to the northern-most latitude?
Answer: (a) Patna
8. Which of the following folk dances is associated with Jammu and Kashmir?
Answer: (c) Rauf
9. Which of the following book has been written by Kamala Das?
(a) Witness the Night
(b) The Red Devil
(c) Earth and Ashes
(d) Tonight This Savage Rite
Answer: (d) Tonight This Savage Rite
10. Who invented the Jet Engine?
(a) Karl Benz
(b) Sir Frank Whittle
(c) Thomas Savery
Answer: (b) Sir Frank Whittle
11. South-South dialogue is associated with :
(a) Co-operation among developing nations
(b) Arms conference
(c) Summit meeting between developed and developing countries
(d) All the above
Answer: (a) Co-operation among developing nations
12. Where is the Botanical Survey of India headquartered?
Answer: (a) Lucknow
13. Who created the unforgettable literary character Swami?
(a) Vikram Seth
(b) R.K. Narayan
(c) Mulk Raj Anand
(d) Harivansh Rai Bachchan
Answer: (b) R.K. Narayan
14. In which field of Art Jamini Roy make his name?
Answer: (c) Painting
15. Who amongst the following was awarded Nobel Prize for path breaking contributions to develop treatment against Parkinson's disease?
(a) Arvind Carlsson
(b) Walter Kohn
(c) Robert B. Laughlin
(d) Ferid Murad
Answer: (b) Walter Kohn
16. Le Corbusier, the architect of Chandigarh was a national of :
(a) The Netherlands
Answer: (d) France
17. George Bernard Shaw, the great dramatist, was :
(a) An Irishman
(b) An Englishman
(c) A Scotsman
(d) A Welsh
Answer: (a) An Irishman
18. Typhoid fever is caused by :
Answer: (b) bacteria
19. Which of the following rivers flow in Germany?
Answer: (c) Danube
20. The Dilwara temple at Mount Abu in Rajasthan were built by the followers of :
Answer: (b) Jainism