Many groups of pairs of words in English language are often very confusing. These words are likely to be confused because they are quite similar in sound or meaning and some of these words have the same form or origin. A wrong use of these words can change the whole meaning and sense of the sentence. It is, therefore, necessary that we should try to understand there precise meaning so as to avoid confusion. So, we are providing some practice set with answer to remove this confusion.
1. Theory _________ practice.
Answer: (b) Precedes
Answer: (a) Luxurious
3. My eyes are ________.
Answer: (b) Sore
4. Our new house is very _________.
Answer: (a) Spacious
5. During the voyage she suffered from sea________.
Answer: (a) Sickness
6. The lawyer Quoted many ___________ in support of his argument.
Answer: (a) Precedents
7. The first battle of Panipat is a __________ event in the history of India.
Answer: (a) Memorable
8. We should not be __________ of other's wealth .
Answer: (a) Jealous
9. My father makes a __________ selection of books before buying.
Answer: (b) Judicious
10. The doctor has advised me to __________ from drinking wine.
Answer: (b) Abstain
11. Somebody seems to have ___________ with the record.
Answer: (b) Tampered
12. Recently there was a bus ___________ in Patna.
Answer: (a) Collision
13. The thief __________ to disclose the truth.
Answer: (b) Refused
14. Many Indians ___________ are settled in Sri Lanka.
Answer: (a) Emigrants
15. We went on an ___________ to Kashmir.
Answer: (b) Excursion