Answer: (d) Pseudomons
Answer: (a) bat
3. The release of which one of the following into ponds and well helps in controlling the mosquitoes?
(c) Gambusia fish
Answer: (c) Gambusia fish
4. Which one of the following does not contains silver?
(a) Horn silver
(b) German silver
(c) Ruby silver
(d) Lunar caustic
Answer: (b) German silver
5. Regarding the atom of a chemical element, magnetic quantum number refers to :
Answer: (a) orientation
6. Which of the following is not gaseous air pollutant?
(a) Oxides of sulphur
(b) Oxides of nitrogen
Answer: (d) Smoke
7. Contact lenses are made from :
Answer: (c) lucite
8. Which of the following is an insectivorous plant?
(a) Passion flower plant
(b) Pitcher plant
(c) Night queen
(d) Flame of the forest
Answer: (b) Pitcher plant
9. The branch of biology dealing with the study of cells is known as :
Answer: (a) Cytology
10. Blood cancer is otherwise called as :
Answer: (d) Leukaemia
11. In the human body, which structure is the appendix attached to?
(a) The large intestine
(b) The small intestine
(c) The gall bladder
(d) The stomach
Answer: (a) The large intestine
12. In an atom, the order of filling up of the orbitals is governed by :
(a) Aufbau principle
(b) Heisenberg's uncertainly principle
(c) Hund's rule
(d) Pauli's exclusion
Answer: (a) Aufbau principle
13. Which one of the following is used as an explosive?
(a) Phosphorus trichloride
(b) Mercuric oxide
Answer: (d) Nitroglycerine
14. Which one of the following is printed on a commonly used fluorescent tube light?
(a) 220 K
(b) 273 K
(c) 6500 K
Answer: (c) 6500 K
15. Which of the following is an example of chemical change?
(a) Burning of paper
(b) Magnetisation of soft iron
(c) Dissolution of cane suger in water
(d) Preparation of ice cubes from water
Answer: (a) Burning of paper
16. Which one of the following is produced during the formation of photochemical smog?
(b) Nitrogen oxide
Answer: (b) Nitrogen oxide
17. The study of visceral organs is :
Answer: (a) Angiology
18. Which one of the following statement is not correct?
(a) Hydrogen is an element
(b) Hydrogen is the lightest element
(c) Hydrogen has no isotopes
(d) Hydrogen and oxygen form an explosive mixture
Answer: (c) Hydrogen has no isotopes
19. In human digestive system, the process of digestion starts in :
(b) buccal cavity
Answer: (b) buccal cavity
20.The gas which turns lime water milky is :
(a) carbon dioxide
(b) carbon monoxide
(d) nitrogen dioxide
Answer: (a) carbon dioxide