2. India became a member of the United Nations in
(a) 3 years
(b) 4 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 6 years
4. Which of the following international agencies of the UN is the only distinctive inter-governmental organisation concerned with children's welfare ?
5. The country, which was admitted to the membership of the United Nations in July 2011, is
(d) South Sudan
6. Which day is celebrated as United Nations Day every year ?
(a) 7th April
(b) 24th October
(c) 14th November
(d) 27th December
7. In which year a resolution 'Uniting for Peace' was adopted by UN General Assembly ?
8. In which of the following years, the membership of the Economic and Social Council was increased from 27 to 54 (under Article 61) ?
9. Which of the following agencies related to the United Nations is concerned with promoting the growth of international trade and equilibrium in balance of payments ?
(a) United Nations Industrial Development Organisation
(b) International Development Association
(c) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
(d) United Nations Development Programme
10. The UN Charter was ratified in 1945 by
(a) 25 nations
(b) 29 nations
(c) 33 nations
(d) 37 nations
(a) Nations' Library
(b) U Thant Library
(c) Hammarskjold Library
(d) Trygve Lie Library
12. The number of principal organs of the United Nations is
13. Who, amongst the following, was the first UN Secretary General ?
(a) Trygve Lie
(b) Dag Hammarskjold
(c) U Thant
(d) None of these
14. Which of the following UN agencies has its headquarters at Paris ?
15. The number of permanent members of the UN Security Council is