2. What is meant by biopsy?
- Biochemical and histological examination of tissues cut from living body
3. Among the various allotropes of carbon :
- diamond is the hardest, graphite is the softest
4. We feel thirsty when :
- Osmotic pressure of blood increase
- Transverse waves
6. Short circuit means :
- Direct flow of current between two points of different potential
7. The term octane number is related to :
8. When an iron nail gets rusted, iron oxide is formed :
- with increase in the weight of the nail
9. Galvanished iron sheets have a coating of :
10. Bromine is a :
- red liquid
11. Pure water is a bad conductor of electricity because it is :
- Feebly ionized
12. Who invented chloroform as anaesthetic?
- James Simpson
13. Which country has become first to pass Climate Act?
14. Which metal pollutes the air of a big city ?
15. Water gas is prepared by passing :
- Steam over white hot coke
16. Milk is an example of :
17. 'Rosatom' is the atomic energy agency of :
18. Who won the Noble prize for his work on Photoelectric effect?
- Albert Einstein
19. In the electrical circuit of a house the fuse is used as :
- A safety device
20. The bacterium responsible for causing plague is :
- Yersinia Pestis
21. One carat of diamond is :
- 200 mg
22. Coloured glasses for goggles contain :
- Ferrous Oxide
23. Dry ice is :
- Solid Carbon Dioxide
24. Who is known as father of Indian Ecology?
- R. Mishra
25. Sugar in blood and urine is tested with :
- Benedict's solution
26. Calciferol is the chemical name of :
- Vitamin D
27. Vitamins are discovered by :
- Sir F.G. Hopkins
28. The most stable ecosystem is :
29. The oxide of which element is used as coolant?
30. Complete loss of memory is called :