Directions: Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. You are required to select your answers based on the contents of the passage an opinion of the author only.
From UGC NET August 2016
1. Choose the option in which the prefix 'un' is correctly used :
Answer: (b) unpunctual
2. students had gathered in the quadrangle on the reopening day of the college.
Fill in the blank using the correct option.
Answer: (d) Many
State bank of Mauritius (SBM - INDIA) has appointed Sidharth Rath as its Managing Director (MD). He was with Axis Bank as the Group Executive and Head of Corporate, Transaction Banking, and International Banking. State Bank of Mauritius has received the licence from Reserve Bank of India to operate as a scheduled commercial bank in India with effect from December 1, 2018.
1. The tomb of Bu Ali Shah is situated at :
2. In which of the following locations, a National Park is situated ?
1. Which part of the brain supports grammatical processing and language production ?
(a) Broca's area
(b) Frontal lobe
(c) Perietal lobe
(d) Occipital lobe
Answer: (a) Broca's area
2. The law which is not a part of Gestalt views of learning is :
(a) Law of similarity
(b) Law of proximity
(c) Law of closure
(d) Law of use
Answer: (d) Law of use
1. The district, where Yamuna river does not flow :
2. 'Mango-Mela' is organized at :
1. You greet your parents every morning and your kid learnt the same by watching it. It is an example of :
(a) Observational learning
(b) Operant conditioning
(c) Classical conditioning
(d) Learning by insight
Answer: (a) Observational learning
2. The ability of 'Seriation' is the characteristic of the :
(a) Sensory Motor Stage
(b) Pre-operational Stage
(c) Concrete Operational Stage
(d) None of the above
Answer: (c) Concrete Operational Stage
1. जिस प्रकार ' मधुमक्खी ' का संबंध ' डंक ' से है, उसी प्रकार ' सर्प ' का संबंध किससे है ?
2. जिस प्रकार ' वर्णमाला ' का संबंध ' अक्षर ' से है, उसी प्रकार ' हार ' का संबंध किससे है ?
Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 was enacted on 6 March, 1934 to constitute the Reserve Bank of India. This law commended from April 1, 1935. It provides framework for the supervision of banks and other related matters.
The need for the Central Bank in India arose in 1773. However it was the Hilton Young Commission in 1926 that recommended the establishment of a central bank. The Government introduced a bill in the Legislative Assembly in January 1927. The Reserve Bank of India Bill was dropped "after acrimonious and kaleidoscopic discussion," as the late Sir James Taylor put it. The Legislative Assembly was divided on the point of the constitution of the board, for the Muslim and the minority communities insisted on safeguards to protect the minorities which was guaranteed in the Assembly. Thereafter it took seven years to pass the Act in 1934, establishing it as a shareholders' bank.
Jalaj Srivastava has been appointed the Chairman of the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) on 19 November 2018. He is a 1984 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer.
At present, he is working as Additional Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture.
The IWAI comes under the Union Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways.