Geography Practice Set 5
1. Where is Dead Sea situated in the following continents?
2. Which of the following industries is most developed in the Great Lakes region of North America?
(a) Cement and Paper
(b) Steel and Engineering
(c) Film industry
(d) Textile and Chemicals
3. Which of the following landforms is different from other three on the basis of the mode of origin?
(d) Rift Valley
4. Which of the following landform is not associated with glaciation?
(a) Hanging valley
5. Which of the following order is given to the planets of solar system on the basis of their size?
(a) Saturn, Jupitar, Mercury, Neptune
(b) Jupitar, Saturn, Neptune, Mercury
(c) Jupitar, Mercury, Neptune, Saturn
(d) Neptune, Mercury, Saturn, Jupitar
6. As we go higher into the atmosphere, the air becomes--
7. Which of the following latitudes is a great circle?
8. What are asteroids?
(a) Minor planets revolving round the Sun between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter
(b) Luminous celestial bodies moving round the Sun
(c) A group of fixed stars arranged naturally
(d) Small pieces of solid matter which appear in the earth's atmosphere as shooting stars from out spaces and become visible through incandescence caused by the resistance of the air to their passage,
9. What is Isthmus?
(a) The mouth of a river where it joins the sea
(b) A narrow strip of sea dividing two oceans
(c) A narrow strip of land joining two seas or oceans
(d) A piece of projected land
10. Which of the following phenomena causes the shape of the Earth ?
(a) Internal structure
(b) Atmospheric pressure
11. The present day search for fuels alternative to petroleum, is due mainly to--
(a) Iran-Iraq war
(b) Strained relations between Israel and Middle East countries
(c) Highly increased cost of petroleum
(d) Increase in the consumption of petroleum
12. In which of the following states of India, tank irrigation is most suitable?
(a) Tamil Nadu
(c) Uttar Pradesh
13. In which of the following state is Tungabhadra project of irrigation?
(b) Andhra Pradesh
(c) Tamil Nadu
14. Where is Krishnaraja Sagar?
(a) In Kota
(b) In Udaipur
(c) In Mysore
(d) In Hyderabad
15. The number of wells in South India is very low because--
(a) The people of South India do not like to take water from wells
(b) Wells are difficult to dig because of hard rock underneath the thin layer of the soil
(c) There is too much rainfall therefore wells are not needed
(d) The people of South India do not know how to dig wells
16. Which of the following is an igneous rocks?
17. The largest producer of Coco in Africa is--
(d) Ivory Coast
18. Which state in India has highest population?
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(c) West Bengal
19. Which State or Union Territory of India has the lowest literacy?
(b) Arunachal Pradesh
20. Where is the headquarter of the Centre Board of Film censors?