Geography Practice Set 4
1. What type of climate is required for sugarcane?
(a) Dry and hot
(b) Hot and wet
(c) Cold and dry
(d) Cold and wet
2. Sri Harikota situated in Andhra Pradesh is famous for:
(a) National Remote Sensing Agency
(b) Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
(c) Satellite Control Centre
(d) Satellite Trackings and Ranging Station
3. A high ratio of non-workers to workers, as we have in India indicates:
(a) High degree of cultural development
(b) A State of self-sufficiency
(c) The rich natural resources of the country
(d) A rapid growth of population
4. What is Kolar ?
(a) Oil field in Assam
(b) A hydro-electric scheme in Bihar
(c) Gold fields in Karnataka
(d) A salt factory in Sambhal
5. Blue mountains are:
(a) The Vindyas
(b) The Nilgiri hills
(c) The Himalayas
(d) The Aravali ranges
6. The new name of Calicut, a famous city of Kerala is:
7. Name the river whose water is utilized by Kakrapara project:
8. Which state in India occupies the first place in literacy:
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(b) Tamil Nadu
9. Which one of the following ports has replaced Karachi ?
10. Which is the best natural port of India?
11. Kakrapara Project is an irrigation project on the river of:
12. Plant cover of Deserts in the world is:
(a) Tall grasses
(b) Perennial Xerophytic shrubs
(c) Dwarf trees
(d) Water storing plants
13. Which valley is formed as a result of tectonic forces?
(a) 'V' -shaped valley
(b) 'U' -shaped valley
(c) Hanging valley
(d) Rift valley
14. Which forest is known for large scale lumbering ?
(a) Equatorial forests
(b) Mixed forests
(c) Coniferous forests
(d) Monsoon forests
15. Soils are usually formed by the process of:
16. Which group of maps are the large scale maps?
(a) Atlas and wall maps
(b) Themetic and political maps
(c) Physical and weather maps
(d) Cadastral and Tourist Guide maps
17. Sugar industry in India has a tendency to migrate towards south because:
(a) The soils of South India are highly suitable for cultivation of sugarcane
(b) The climate of South India is more suitable for the production of sugarcane
(c) The per capita consumption of sugar in the South is more than the North
(d) The winds coming from the Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea increase the sugar content in the sugarcane
18. Which of the following two rivers are navigable for big distances:
(a) Godavari and Tungbhadra
(b) Narmada and Tapti
(c) Ganga and Brahamputra
(d) Damodar and Kosi
19. What is the chief characteristics of monsoon climate?
(a) Daily range of temperature very high
(b) Complete reversal of wind direction with the change of season
(c) Annual range of temperature very high
(d) Heavy rainfall mainly during winter
20. Which one of the following has been formed differently from the other three?