Geography Practice Set 3
1. What would happen to ocean water if the moon comes nearer to the earth ?
(a) Fall of temperature
(b) Stopping of ocean currents
(c) Rise of sea level
(d) Increase in height of oceanic tides
2. The line joining places of equal atmospheric pressure is termed:
3. What would happen to types of rainfall if the earth's surface becomes all plain?
(a) No cyclonic rainfall
(b) No orographic rainfall
(c) No convectional rainfall
(d) No frontal rainfall
4. The maximum risk to air travel is from:
(d) Strong winds
5. Which one of the following countries is the largest producer of rice in the world?
6. The Savana type of climate is characterized by:
(a) Humid summers and humid winters
(b) Humid summers and dry winters
(c) Humid winters and dry summers
(d) Humid throughout the year
7. Which of the following regions has almost prevalent types of natural vegetation in India?
(a) The Himalaya mountain
(b) The Deccan Plateau
(c) The Ganga plain
(d) The Coastal plains
8. For which of the following manufacturing industries does India have the most natural resources?
(a) Glass Synthetic rubber
(b) Synthetic rubber
(c) Iron and Steel
9. The longest dam is:
10. Gulmarg is a hill station in:
(a) Himachal Pradesh
(b) Jammu and Kashmir
(d) Tamil Nadu
11. The largest producer of cashewnut in India is:
(d) Tamil Nadu
12. Lal Bahadur National Academy of Administration is situated in:
13. In what state is 'Rana Pratap Sagar' atomic power plant located?
14. Irrigation is necessary for areas receiving rainfall:
(a) Less than 200 cm.
(b) Less than 75 cm.
(c) Less than 125 cm.
(d) At uncertain times
15. The reason for the necessity of irrigation in India is that:
(a) There is no rainfall at the time of need
(b) Indian crops require much water
(c) Indian farmers are in habit of watering the fields
(d) India is a hot country so water is easily evaporated
16. For the production of wheat there should be:
(a) Cool and wet climate during its growing period but hot climate during the ripening period
(b) Sufficient heat but very little rainfall
(c) Sufficient heat and heavy rainfall
(d) Hot climate during the growing period but cool climate during the ripening period
17. During the summer monsoon the Himalayas have rains on their:
(a) Southern and western slopes
(b) Northern and eastern slopes
(c) Northern and western slopes
(d) Southern and eastern slopes
18. The Climate of India is:
(a) Mediterrian type
(b) Equatorial type
(c) Desert type
(d) Monsoon type
19. The chief production in region having black soil is:
20. Which one of the following soils found in India is the most useful for agriculture?
(a) Black or regur soil
(b) Alluvial soil
(c) Red and yellow soil
(d) Marshy soil