Reasoning - Direction Sense Test - Set 2
1. A man starts from a point and walks 2 km towards North. He turns right and walks 3 km. Then he turns left and travels 2 km. What is the direction he is facing now ?
2. Kamu walks 5 km straight from her house towards West then turns right and walks 3 km. There-after she takes left turn and walks 2 km. Further, she turns left and walks 3 km. Finally she turns right and walks 3 km. In what direction she is now form her house ?
3. At 12:30 the hour hand of a clock faces North and the minute hand faces South. At 2:45, the minute hand will be in which direction ?
(c) South East
4. Mamatha walks 14 metres towards West, then turns to her right and walks 14 metres and then turns to her left and walks 10 metres. Again turning to her left she walks 14 metres. What is the shortest distance between her starting point and her present position ?
(a) 38 metres
(b) 28 metres
(c) 24 metres
(d) 10 metres
5. Rama travels 10 km towards the North, turns left and travels 4 km and then again turns right and covers another 5 km and then turns right and travels another 4 km. How far is he from the starting point ?
(a) 5 km
(b) 10 km
(c) 15 km
(d) 19 km
6. A man starts from a point, walks 2 km towards North, turns towards his right and walks 2 km, turns right again and walks. What is the direction now he is facing ?
7. Sandhya walks straight from point A to B which is 2 km away. She turns left, at 90° and walks 8 km to C, where she turns left again at 90° and walks 5 km to D. At D she turns left at 90° and walks for 8 km to E. How far is she from A to E ?
(a) 2 km
(b) 3 km
(c) 5 km
(d) 8 km
8. Janaki started from her house and walked 2 kms towards North. Then she took a right turn and covered one kilometre. Then she took again a right turn and walked 2 kms. In what direction is she going ?
9. A man starts from a point, walks 4 miles towards North and turns left and walks 6 miles, turns right and walks for 3 miles and again turns right and walks 4 miles and takes rest for 30 minutes. He gets up and walks straight 2 miles in the same direction and turns right and walks one mile. What is the direction he is facing ?
10. Siddarth and Murli go for jogging from the same point. Siddarth goes towards East covering 4 kms. Murli proceeds towards West for 3 kms. Siddarth turns left and covers 4 kms and Murli turns right to cover 4 kms. Now What will be the distance between Siddarth and Murli ?
(a) 14 kms
(b) 6 kms
(c) 8 kms
(d) 7 kms