Computer Awareness Practice Set - 1
1. How many rows are there in latest version of MS Excel?
2. Which among the following term is used for those hardware devices that are not part of the main computer system and are often added later to the system?
(a) Clip art
3. What is Direct X?
(a) Operating system
(b) Software that drives graphics hardware to enable game and multimedia to your system
(c) Web browser
(d) Word processing software
4. Keyboard is used:
(a) for inputting text and numbers and send commands to the computer
(b) to create new keys to use with your computer
(c) to open the computer
(d) to create pictures and images and send them to your computer
5. __________ is also known as inkless printer.
(a) Thermal printer
(b) Inkjet printer
(d) Dot Matrix printer
6. A __________ represents approximately one billion memory location.
7. OSI model has how many layers?
(a) Two layers
(b) Five Layers
(c) Seven Layers
(d) Six Layers
8. Computer mouse is also known as __________.
(a) Pointing Device
(b) Scanning Device
(c) Sensing Device
(d) Moving Device
9. Which of the following was used to program the first computer?
(a) High Level language
(b) Machine language
(c) Source code
(d) Object code
10. The term gigabyte refers to:
(a) 1024 bytes
(b) 1024 kilobytes
(c) 1024 megabytes
(d) 1024 gigabytes
11. Which of the following menu types is also called a drop-down menu?
12. What is an E-mail?
(a) An Internet standard, which allow users to upload and download files
(b) An online area on which a user can converse in written form about any special subject
(c) Transmission of files and messages through computer network
(d) A real time typed conversion
13. Which of the following cannot be a part of an E-mail address?
(a) Period (-)
(b) At sign (@)
(c) Space ( )
(d) Underscore (_)
14. Which of the following is a term related with printer?
15. Which of the following statements is FALSE concerning file names?
(a) Files may share the same name or the same extension but not both
(b) Every file in the same folder must have a unique name
(c) File extension is another name for file type
(d) The file extension comes before the dot (.) followed by the file name
16. Verification of a login name and password is known as:
(d) Logging on
17. Compiler is the:
(a) Name given to the computer operator
(b) Part of the digital machine to store the information
(c) Translator of source program to object
(d) Part of arithmetic logic unit
18. Which of the following is the smallest and fastest computer imitating brain working?
(b) Quantum computer
(d) IBM chips
19. A computer disc (CD) is a database of the type:
20. Which of the following is not as language for computer programming?