Comprehension Practice Set
From M.P. PSC State Forest Service Exam 2018
Directions-- Read carefully the given passage and answer the questions based on it--
The house next door had been empty for so long that we had quite forgotten that it was like to have neighbours.
1. How were the household items brought in ?
(a) In a Van
(b) In a Car
(c) In a Rikshaw
(d) On the head
2. How many members were there in the newly arrived family ?
3. How were the children of the new neighbour ?
(a) Dull and boring
(b) Quarrelsome and contentious
(c) Loved playing games
(d) Studious and thoughtful
4. What does the phrase 'Point-blank range' mean, in popular usage ?
(a) Extremely close 'can't miss' range
(b) Name of a popular game
(c) A kind of garden in England
(d) Helpful neighbours
5. How was the house next door changes after the arrival of Robinsons ?
(a) It was full of gardening problems.
(b) It was full of life and laughter.
(c) It was overgrown with weeds.
(d) Robinsons left it for holidays.