Compendium - Sports and Games
1. Which country among the following has been involved in two ties in test cricket?
2. Who emerged champion of the Australian Open, 2019 man's Singles title?
- Novak Djokovic of Serbia
3. 'Home', 'Diamond', 'Pitcher' and 'Ant rubber' are the terms associated with
4. How many players are there in a 'Kabaddi ' team?
5. 'Devis Cup' and 'Fed Cup' are the championships of
6. Who clinched the ATP Finals Singles Crown,2018?
- Alexander Zverev
7. 'Libero' term is associated with the game of
8. 'Dunk Shot' is a term associated with the game of
9. National Sports Day is observed on
- 29 August
10. The 19th Asian Games in 2022 will be organised in
- Hangzhou (China)
11. Which country emerged champion of the 2018 ICC Women's World T20 Cup?
12. Who was named captain of the ICC Women's T20 team 2018?
- Harmanpreet Kaur of India
13. 'Shubhankar Sharma', 'Khalin Joshi' and 'Shiv Kapoor' are prominent Indian players of
14. Virat Kohli won three ICC awards for 2018. These awards are
- ICC Men's Cricketer of the year, ICC Test Player of the Year, ICC ODI Player of the Year
15. Which Indian state emerged overall champion of the 'Khelo India Youth Games-2019'?
16. Who emerged champion of the Augusta Masters golf crown for 2019?
- Tiger Woods
17. Which country emerged on top of the medal tally in the 23rd Asian Athletics Championship, 2019?
18. Which team retained the Ranji Trophy and Irani Cup 2018-19 titles?
20. Who became the first woman cricketer of the world to play 200 ODIs?
- Mithali Raj of India
21. The first Asian Games were organised in 1951 in
- New Delhi
22. Wembley Stadium is located in
23. How many players are there in a 'Polo' team
24. Who emerged champion of the 83rd Senior National Badminton Championship Singles titles?
- Sania Nehwal (women's) and Sourabh
25. Who is the first sportsperson to be honoured with the Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian honour?
- Sachin Tendulkar
26. Neeraj Chopra is India's famous
- Jevelin thrower
27. 'Heave', 'Nelson' and 'Rebuts' are the terms associated with the game of
28. How many players are there in a team of 'Rugby football'?
- 15 players
29. Who became first female umpire to stand in a men's ODI match in cricket?
- Claire Polosak of Australia
30. Which team emerged champion of the Santosh Trophy 2018-19?
31. Which country retained the ICC Test championship in 2019?
32. Who has been honoured with the 2019 Laureus Sportswoman of the year award?
- Simone Biles of the USA
33. Who has been honoured with the Laureus Sportsman of the year award , 2019?
- Novak Djokovic of Serbia
34. Who have been adjudged the FIH Male and Female Players of the year, 2018?
- Arthur Van Doren (Male) and Eva de Geode
35. What was India's rank on the medal tally in the 23rd Asian Athletics Championship?
- Fourth rank
36. 'Kento Momota', 'Akane Yamaguchi', 'Nozomi Okuhara' are prominent Japanese players of
37. Parimarjan Negi has excelled in which one the games
38. Of which one of the following games is Shanmugham Venkatesh an outstanding players?
39. Who did Croatia defeat in the Davis Cup-2005 Finals to win the Davis Cup-2005?
- Slovek Republic
40. In the FIFA Worlds Cup Football event in the year 2002, the numbers of goals scored by Ronaldo of Brazil was