Compendium - Polity
1. In India, President is elected by which method?
- Single Transferable Vote
2. Till now, the Preamble of Constitution of India has been amended for how many times?
3. Who is competent to dissolve the Rajya Sabha?
- No one
4. Which were the first two states in India to establishe Panchayati Raj in1956? - Rajasthan & Andhra Pradesh
5. How long a person should have practiced in a High Court to be eligible to be appointed as a Judge of Supreme Court of India?
- 10 years
6. What can be the maximum interval between two sessions of parliament?
- 6 months
7. ‘Shakti – Sthal’ is related to whom?
- Smt. Indira Gandhi
8. To whom does the Public Accounts Committee submit its report?
- Speaker of Lok Sabha
9. Who is known as the first Law Officer of India?
- Attorney General of India
10. Which provision of the Fundamental Rights is directly relates to the exploitation of children?
- A 24
11. What is the chief source of political power in India?
- The People
12. Impeachment of the President of India can be initiated in
- Either House of the Parliament
13. In which year were the first general election held in India?
14. The only instance when the President of India exercised his power of veto? - Indian Post Office(Amendment Bill),1986
15. The Eighth Schedule of Indian Constitution is related to?
- Recognized languages
16. Who is longest serving speaker of lok sabha?
- Balram Jhakar
17. What is the quorum of Lok sabha ?
- 1/10th of total membership
18. When Constitution was framed, how many Schedules were there?
19. Who is the chairman of Kendriya Hindi Samiti ?
- Prime Minister
20. Which part of the Constitution of India talks about the Municipalities?
- Part IX (A)
21. Who proposed the creation of a Preamble before the Drafting Committee?
- J.L. Nehru
22. Who said Preamble is the keynote to the Constitution?
- Ernest Barker
23. The idea of a Constituent Assembly to form a Constitution of India was first mooted by whom?
- M.N. Roy in 1927
24. What is the lowest stage of the local Government?
- Gram Panchayat
25. Who has been the only Lok Sabha Speaker to have become the President of India ?
- Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy
26. Which Constitutional Article lays down qualification for becoming a voter?
- A 326
27. Who was the Defence Minister of India during the Indo- China war of 1962? - V.K. Krishna Menon
28. The Indian Parliament passed the States Reorganisation Act in which year? - 1956
29. Which case determined that the Preamble is a part of the constitution? - Keshvananda Bharti case
30. The oath of office is administered to the members of the state council of ministry by
- The Governor
31. Who is the Supreme Commander of India’s armed forces?
- President of India
32. When was All India Services Act enacted?
- 15th October 1951
33. Once a Budget has been presented in the Parliament, the government has to get all money bills related to the union budget passed within __?
- 75 days
34. After how many years is the President of USA is elected?
- 4 years
35. Which has been the most amended as also the most controversial Fundamental Right ?
- Right to property
36. What is the current age of retirement of judges from supreme courts and high courts respectively in India?
- 65 yrs & 62 yrs
37. Which writ examines the functioning of Subordinate Courts?
38. The concept of fundamental duties of Indian constitution was borrowed from which country ?
39. Who works as the Chairman of a Zonal Council in India?
- Home Minister
40. From which fund is the pension of a High Court Judge charged?
- Consolidated Fund of India
41. Which commission was formed in 1983 to recommend the relationship and balance of power between state and central governments ?
- Sarkaria Committee
42. What Minimum age is required to contest for President ship?
- 35 years
43. Who is current Chief Justice of India?
- Justice J S Khehar
44. In which years did the Right to Information Act come into force?
45. From where can a Member of Parliament claim immunity?
- From Civil cases only
46. In India, Administrative head of Union Territories is
- Lieutenant Governor
47.Which was the only President of India who elected unopposed?
- Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
48.The inspiration ‘Liberty, Equality and Fraternity’ was derived from which revolution?
- French revolution
50. What is the maximum number of elected members in a State Assembly?