Compendium- Indian History
1. Who founded an independent Kingdom at Malwa?
- Dilawar Khan Lodhi
2. Amir Khusrau was a famous poet in the court of :
- Alauddin Khalji
3. Who started the 'Slave Dynasty' in India?
4. Fa- hien visited India during the reign of :
5. Three major powers that emerged in Southern India in the 7th century AD were:
- Cheras, Chola and Pandyas
6. The main focus of Rigvedic culture was:
- The Indo-Gangetic region
7. To which of the republics did Buddha belong?
8. The Kalinga war was fought in :
- 261 BC
9. Who was the Sikh Guru who helped Dara?
- Guru Hari Rai
10. Which Kushan King adopted epithet Dharmathida?
- Kuzul Kadaphises
11. Who wrote the play Mudrarakshasa?
- Vishakha Dutta
12. Who was the Mongol commander who did not invade Alauddin Khalzi' reign?
13. The largest Indian site of Indus Valley Civilization was:
14. The founder of the Karkota dynasty in Kashmir was:
15. Who is known as Siladitya?
16. Gatha-Saptashati is a collection of Prakrit poems dealing with-
17. Emperor Akbar abolished Jaziya tax in :
18. How many scripts were used for writing the Rock Edicts of Ashoka?
19. Popular game in Gupta-period in which men and women participated together was:
- Singing and Dancing
20. Who is credited with the construction of 'Pagodas' at Mahabalipuram?
21. The capital of the Satavahana rulers was :
- Pratishthana (Paithan)
22. Emperor Akbar abolished Jaziya tax in :
23. Who is the writer of 'Humayunnama'?
- Gulbadan Begum
24. Who was defeated in the battle of Khanva?
- Rana Sanga
25. Where is Lothal situated?
26. Ashoka's Dhamma can be best described as :
- A socio-ethical code of conduct
27. 'Torah' is the holy book of which community :
28. Alexander remained in India for :
- 19 months
29. Where did Aurangzeb die?
- Ahmed Nagar
30. Who sought the help of Babur against Ibrahim Lodi?
- Alam Khan Lodhi
31. Which river is most described in the Rigveda?
- Sindhu River
32. Kitab-ul-Hind is a book by :
33. Who was the founder of independent kingdom of Gujarat?
- Zafar Khan
34. Who were called barids in medieval period?
- The spy reporters
35. Who founded the 'Servants of India Society' in 1905 ?
- Gopal Krishna Gokhale
36. The Dharam Chakra Pravartan mentioned in the Buddhist test is :
- The first sermon delivered by Buddha at Sarnath
37. Who was the first editor of the Yugantars?
- Barendra Ghosh
38. Which Sultan of Delhi established a separate agriculture department which planned rotation of crops?
- Mohammad Bin Tughlaq
39. The founder of Sunga dynasty was:
- Pushyamitra Sunga
40. Where did the Tebhaga peasant Movement occur in 1946?
41. The writer of the Rajatarangini is :
42. Mahabhasya has been written by :
43. The most important Bahamani ruler was :
- Firuz Shah Bahmani
44. Who died at Pawapuri in 468 B.C. at the age of seventy two ?
- Mahavira Jain
45. Who said, "God knows man's virtues and inquires not his caste : in the next world there is no caste?"
46. Who wrote the book 'Early History of India' in 1904 ?
- V.A. Samith
47. Tipu sultan was the Sultan (ruler) of Mysore from :
48. Huin-Tsang, the Chinese traveller visited India during the reign of :
- Harashvardhana's reign during the fifth century A.D.
49. In Rig Vedic period, the basis of both social and political organisation was :
- The Kula (Family)
50. Who wrote the book 'The Wonder that was India'?
- A.L. Basham