Compendium - Geography
1. Apatanis are the tribes found in:
- Arunachal Pradesh
2. Indian state known as ‘garden spice’ is :
3. Rajiv Gandhi Environment Award is given for outstanding contribution to:
- Contribution in the development of Neat Technology
4. What, in population terms, is the largest Spanish speaking country in the world?
5. The most important breed of wool producing sheep in the world is:
6. The Hwang Ho River fall into:
- Yellow sea
7. Cocos plate lies between:
- Central America and Pacific Plate
8. The largest satellite in the Solar system is :
- Titan (Satellite of Saturn)
9. The largest port of India is:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Mumbai
10. The headquarter of North Western Railway is located in:
11. The largest mangrove forest in the world is located in:
- Sunderbans (West Bengal)
12. Mindanoo Island is located to:
- The Pacific Ocean
13. The highest point of Australia is:
- Mount Kosciusko
14. Masai Tribes are found in:
- East Africa
15. Exfoliation is a type of :
- Physical Weathering
16. Ankleshwar Basin (offshore) oil-field is located in:
17.Rail Coach Factory is located in:
- Kapurthala (Punjab)
18. The headquarters of North Eastern Railways is:
19. Wildlife Act was passed in India:
20. Who constructed Suez Canal?
- Ferdinand de Lasseps
21. On the bank of which river is Hyderabad situated?
- Musi River
22. Where is Silicon Valley located at?
- In U.S.A.
23. Sabarmati, Mahi, Narmada, and Tapi rivers form:
24. The grasslands in Canada are known as:
25. The leading producer of wind-power in the world is:
26. A narrow channel of sea which separates two land masses is known as:
27. Suez Canal was opened in the year:
28. Who was the first person to use the word “geography”?
29. Which is known as “Pearl Island”?
30. Which is the largest freshwater lake in the world?
- Lake Superior
31. A sand deposit extending into the mouth of a bay is a ?
32. The great Victoria Desert is located in:
33. In the structure of planet Earth, below the Mantle, the core is mainly made up of:
34. Ozone holes are more pronounced at the :
35. Variations in the length of day time and night time from season to season are due to:
- Revolution of the earth on a titled axis
36. The inexhaustible source of energy of the stars is due to:
- Conversion of hydrogen to helium
37. The first census was conducted in India in:
38. Threat of global warming' is increasing due to increasing concentration of:
- Carbon dioxide
39. The climate of India is mainly tropical because:
- of the location of the Himalayas in its North
40. The two volcanic islands in the Indian Territory are:
- Narcondam and Barren
41. Union Territories of India, which has the largest size, is:
42. Duncan Passage is situated between:
- South Andaman and Little Andaman
43. Ten Degree Channel is between:
- Little Andaman and Car Nicobar
44. What word meaning a low pressure belt of surface winds at the equator, can mean a bout of emotional depression?
45. The Lakshadweep Islands are situated in:
- Arabian Sea
46. Which foreign country is closest to Andaman Islands?
47. The State with the largest area under waste land is:
- Jammu and Kashmir
48. The transport route connecting the Kashmir from Leh crosses the high mountain ranges at the:
- Karakoram pass
49. Kodaikanal, the famous hill-station of South India, is situated on:
- Palni hills
50. The Himalayas are formed of parallel fold ranges of which the oldest range is :
- The Great Himalayan Range