Compendium - Geography
1. Which country receive the highest quantity of acid-rain?
2. The Obra city famous for :
- Thermal Power Plant
3. Indira Gandhi Canal receive water from :
4. Which region of Asia is experiencing the highest annual growth rate of population?
- West Asia
5. The Shivalik Hills are also known as:
- Manak Parbat in ancient time
6. Which lake forms an international boundary between Tanzania and Uganda?
7. The oldest mountain in India are :
8. Name a tribe of Rajasthan.
9. The biggest shipping canal in the world is :
- Suez Canal
10. Which is known as the 'Coffee Port' of the World?
11. Kishtwar town is situated on the bank of the river :
12. Lack of atmosphere around the moon is due to :
- Low escape velocity of air molecule and low gravitation attraction
13. Indian Broadcasting Service was renamed in 1936 as :
- All India Radio
14. Any wind blowing down the slope of a mountain is called:
- Katabatic Wind
15. Broken Hill Area of South West Australia is famous for :
- Zinc and Lead
16. If the stars seen to rise perpendicular to the horizon by observer, he is located on :
17. Which layer of atmosphere is responsible for reflection of radio waves?
18. Which plateau lies between the Aravalli and Vindhya range?
- Malwa Plateau
19. Green Index has been developed by :
- United Nations Environment Programme
20. A river drains the water collected from a specific area which is called its :
- Catchment Area
21. Which is a major port on the East coast of India?
22. Which country in South Asia are land locked?
- Bhutan and Nepal
23. Sariharikota is situated in:
- Andhra Pradesh
24. The oldest oil refinery in India is at :
- Digboi, Assam
25. Hindenberg Line is a boundary line between :
- Germany and Poland
26. Indian Institution of Vegetable Research is located at :
27. The highest amount of salinity is found in :
- Dead Sea
28. Diamond Harbour and Salt Lake City are situated in :
29. Which is the 'land of morning calm'?
30. In geography, who propounded the Theory of Convectional Current Hypothesis?
- Arthur Holmes
31. Wind actions create 'Mushroom rocks' which are usually found in :
32. Jet streams are usually found in the :
- Upper part of troposphere
33. Which country is called the 'Cockpit of Europe'?
34. Longest life expectancy, 84.6 years :
35. The major reason of winter rainfall in the north-western part of India is :
- Western disturbance
36. The cold current flowing along the Western coast of South America from south to north is called:
- Peru current
37. NMCG stands for :
- National Mission for Clean Ganga
38. Pin Valley National Park is located in the state of :
- Himachal Pradesh
39. Turkey is located between :
- Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea
40. 'National Forest Policy' (NFP) was framed :
41. Which is the longest mountain range of the world?
- The Andes
42. World's wettest spot is :
43. Which sea has no coastal line?
- Saragossa Sea
44. Rohtang pass connect the valley of :
- Kullu and Spiti
45. Puerto Rico Trench is located in :
- The Atlantic Ocean
46. India's rank in rice production in the world is :
- Second (2nd)
47. The Greatest diversity of animals and plants spices occurs in :
- Tropical Moist Forests
48. Which areas or region is most prone to earthquakes?
- Ganga-Brahmaputra Valley
49. New York is located on the bank of :
- The Hudson River
50. Amarkantak is the place of origin of :
- Sone, Narmada and Mahanadi River