Compendium - General Science
1. The Gas usually filled in the electric bulb is:
- Mixture of Nitrogen and Argon
2. The major component in the LPG is:
3. The most reactive among the halogens is:
4. Milk is an example of:
5. Tetraethyl lead is used as:
- Petrol additive
6. Increased RBC’s in the blood leads to a condition called:
7. Name the hormone that regulates the amount of glucose in the blood.
8. The human faces is yellow in colour due to the presence of a pigment called
9. Which enzyme is found in human saliva?
10. Hansen’s disease is also known as:
11. What blackens silver’s shine?
- Ozone Gas
12. Substance used in Cancer treatment?
- Cobalt – 60
13. Cobalt is found in?
- Vitamin B12
14. Iron is extracted from which ore?
15. Aluminum is extracted from which ore?
16. Copper is extracted from which ore?
- Copper Pyrite
17. Chemical name of ‘Washing Soda’ is:
- Sodium Carbonate
18. Gases used in welding are:
- Acetylene & Oxygen
19. Gases used by sea divers for breathing are:
- Oxygen & Helium
20. Best sources for Vitamin D are:
- Sunlight & Fish liver
21. Camberts Law is related to:
22. Which waves are used in sonography?
- Ultrasonic waves
23. Which instrument is used to measure the power of electric circuit ?
- Watt meter
24. Splitting of Uranium nucleus releases_____ energy.
25. What is the measuring unit of length of light waves?
26. How much is one barrel of oil approximately equal to:
- 159 litres
27. The sky appears black from the moon because of:
- Lack of Atmosphere
28. Which of the following material is used for electric wire heater?
- Ni chrome
29. Conversion of chemical energy into electrical energy occurs in which thing?
30. What type of lens is a magnifying glass?
- Convex lens
31. What percentage of water is lost during transpiration?
32. Pyramid of energy is :
- Always upright
33. Edward Jenner is related with which disease?
- Small pox
34. The hormone used as an oral contraceptive is:
35. Which vitamin is considered to be a hormone?
- Vitamin D
36. The process of photosynthesis involves conversion of what?
- Solar energy into chemical energy
37. Who explained about the blood circulation for the first time?
- William Harvey
38. Dog bite can cause rabies. Which other animal can also cause rabies?
39. Saliva helps in the digestion of which thing?
40. Which is the sweetest sugar?
41. Chemical name of Chromic Acid is:
- Chromium trioxide
42. Which metal is used in Photoelectric cell?
43. Barium Hydroxide is also known as:
- Baryta Water
44. TV antenna are made up of:
45. ________ is known as heavy water and used in nuclear reactor as moderator.
- Deuterium Oxide
46. Who gave the first experimental value of G?
47. Astigmatism can be corrected by:
- Cylindrical lenses
48. What apparatus is used to locate a submerged object?
49. The image formed by convex lens in a simple microscope is:
- Virtual & Erect
50. What is the unit of magnetic flux?