Compendium - Computer Awareness
1. Name of first electronic computer?
2. Number of different characters in ASCII coding system?
3. MSIC stands for:
- Medium Scale Integrated Circuits
4. The scrambling of code is known as:
5. The first computers were programmed using:
- Machine Language
6. A fault in a computer program which prevents it from working correctly is known as:
7. Which button makes alphabets/letters in uppercase and lowercase and numbers to symbols?
8. When a computer is switched on, the booting process performs:
- Power on self test
9. What is the software frequently utilized by end users called (like Word,PowerPoint)?
- Application Software
10. Unit of measurement of the output quality of a printer?
- Dot per sq. inch
11. Which is pre cursor of the internet?
12. Gateway works on _____ level of OSI model.
13. _____ provides port number.
14. The ISA is a _______ architecture.
- 16 bit data bus
15. ISA has _______ number of address line.
16. Errors in computer programmes are called:
17. HTML is basically used to design:
18. Where does a computer add and compare its data?
- Hard disk
19. Which was the first company to launch mobile phone services in India?
20. The process of copying files to a CD-ROM is known as:
21. What is the meaning of OSI, in terms of computers ?
- Open system Interconnection
22. Which type of storage device is a BIOS ?
23. What is the extension type of the excel 2007 files?
24. Collecting personal information and effectively posing as another individual is known as the crime of__?
- Identity theft
25. The amount of vertical space between lines of text in a document is called:
- Line Spacing
26. A computer cannot ‘boot’ if it does not have the:
- Operating system
27. What is the other name for programmed chip?
28. A normal CD- ROM usually can store up to _____data?
- 680 MB
29. What does DMA stand for?
- Direct Memory Access
30. Full form of LAN ?
- Local Area Network
31. When a computer is booting BIOS is loaded to the memory by:
32. Encoding or scrambling data for transmission across a network is known as:
33. Virtual reality provides:
- Participatory experience
34. ______ is a protocol used by e-mail clients to download e-mails to your computer.
36. Internet explorer is a type of:
37. An E-mail address is composed of :
- Two parts
38. A key-board has at least ___ keys.
39. 'Micro Processing' is made for:
- Digital System
40. An electronic bill board that has a short text or graphical advertising message is referred to as:
41. Which command is used to select the whole document?
42. COBOL is an acronym for:
- Common Business Oriented Language
43. The ability of an OS to run more than one application at a time is called?
44. What is the functional key to display save-as box?
45. Full form of NOS ?
- Network Operating System
46. Something which has easily understood instructions is said to be:
- Analog Data
47. A modem is connected to a:
- Telephone Line
48. Refresh Rate of monitor is measured in?
49. What was the chief component of first generation computer?
- Vacuum tube & Valves
50. Name the Father of Computer Mouse?
- Douglas Engelbart