Compendium - Economics
Set - 4
1. Name the states which has the greatest number of GST registrants.
- Maharashtra, UP, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat
2. Which state have/has seen the highest increase in the number of tax registrants compared to the old tax regime?
- Uttar Pradesh (UP) and West Bengal (WB)
3. India‘s internal trade in goods and services (excludes non-GST goods and services) is actually even higher and is about ____________ of GDP.
4. What is the meaning of GVA?
- Gross Value Added
5. The ARDC is now a branch of the
6. India's Foreign exchange rate system is
- Managed float
7. Expand the term IFRS
- International Financial Reporting Standard
8. The insurance companies collect a fixed amount from its customers at a fixed interval of time. What is it called?
9. The Mid Day Meal Scheme was launched on
- August 15, 1995
10. Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) was established on
- April 12, 1992
11. Short-term finance is usually for a period ranging up to?
- 12 months
12. The philosophy of ‘Laissez-faire’ is associated with ?
- Industrial States
13. Where in Indian are coins minted ?
- Mumbai, Calcutta & Hyderabad
14. In India, in which year was the service tax first introduced?
15. National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS) came into force in which year?
16. When did India become a member of international Monetary Fund (IMF)? - 1947
17. Who coined the term ‘Hindu rate of growth’ for Indian Economy?
- Raj Krishna
18. When was the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development(NABARD) set up?
19. Where are the headquarters of United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)?
20. Who is called the ‘Father of Economics’?
- Adam Smith
21. Which sector of Indian Economy has shown remarkable expansion during the last decade ?
- Tertiary Sector
22. Which state has the lowest per capita income?
23. World Development Report is an annual publication of
- International Bank of Reconstruction & Development
24. The slogan of ‘Garibi Hatao’ (Remove Poverty) was launched in which FYP? - 4th FYP
25. ‘Golden Handshake Scheme’ is associated with
- Voluntary Retirement
26. Who has presented the Union Budget of India maximum number of times? - Morarji Desai
27. Who is the chairman of 14th Finance Commission?
- Y. V. Reddy
28. The second Five Year plan was based on
- Mahalanobis model
29. The first devaluation of Indian currency took place in which year?
30. VAT has been introduced on the recommendation of which commission?
- L. K. Jha Commission
31. Earn While You Learn scheme has been launched by
- Ministry of Tourism
32. The first National Commission on Labour was constituted on
- December 24, 1996
33.The Prime Minister of India is the ex-officio Chairman of
- The Planning Commission
34. In the world, in terms of Railway Network system India ranks
35. By how much percent Real GDP has been notified this FY?
36. Average Financial Year 2018 CPI inflation seen at
37. By how much Services Growth has been seen at-
38. Agriculture, industry and services sectors are expected to grow at the rate of _____, ______, and ______ respectively in 2017-18.
- 2.1%, 4.4%, and 8.3%
39. In India, the term Black Revolution is associated with
- Self-dependence in the production of petroleum crude oil
40. Who is the author of the book 'Man and Economics'?
- Robert Mundel
41. From which date was FERA replaced by FEMA?
- June 1, 2002
42. What is the objective of 'Sangam Yojna'?
- To increase the welfare of the disabled
43. Green Banking Channel has been launched by
- State Bank of India
44. Where is the Bank Press Note located?
- Dewas (M.P.)
45. Where was first gold refinery established?
- Shirpur (Maharashtra)
46. National Income is a flow and not
- A stock
47. Navaratna Status is concerned with
- Public Sector Companies
48. Naina Lal Kidwai is associated with
49. Proposed level of FDI in insurance sector is
50. The concept of zero-based budgeting was given by
- Peter A. Payer