Compendium - Economics
Set - 2
1. Banks of the India were nationalized for the first time in the year:
2. Which city secured top position as the most liveable city on the government’s inaugural ‘Ease of Living Index’ – 2018?
3. For how many years will the central government compensate the loss of State governments due to GST?
- Five Years
4. Statutory Liquid Ratio (SLR) is determined and maintained by
- The Reserve Bank of India
5. The official exchange rate of India rupee is associated with
- A basket of selected companies
6. ‘Primary Deficit’ refers to fiscal deficit without
- Interesting payments
7. An account maintained by a foreign bank in India with the corresponding bank is called
- Vostro Account
8. Which Indian State secured top spot in term of the ‘renewable energy generation capacity’ in India in 2018?
9. SEBI is a
- Statutory Body
10. CAPART is associated with
- Assisting and evaluating rural welfare programmes
11. Note issuing department of RBI should always possess the minimum gold stock of:
- 115 crore
12. Which is the first Regional Rural Bank to issue debit card in the country?
- Kashi-Gomati Sanyukta Gramin Bank
13. Financial year for banks is April-March, but what is the financial year for RBI?
14. Kutir Jyoti Scheme is associated with
- Providing electricity to rural families living below the poverty line
15. NABARD was established on the recommendation of
16. Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana has been launched by
- LIC of India
17. The Monetary and credit policy of RBI is now known as
- RBI’s Annual Policy Statement
18. Which State of India has no railway line?
19. The organization which looks after the credit needs of agriculture and rural development is
20. The degree of inflation is measured with the
- General price index number
21. ‘Open Market Operation’ is a part of
- Credit Policy
22. Which brand/company uses the ad line “We know India better”?
- LIC of India
23. Ankleshwar in India is known for the production of
24. BPO is an abbreviation for
- Business Process Outsourcing
25. KPO is
- Knowledge Processing Outsourcing
26. What is India’s position on the Nation Brands 2018 report?
- 9th position
27. PM Narendra Modi Inaugurated India’s first multi-model terminal on the Ganaga river in
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
28. Who has been appointed the chairperson of the Competition Commission of India (CCI)?
- Ashok Kumar Gupta
29. National Manufacturing Competitive Programme (NMCP) concentrates on
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
30. ‘Dabba Trading’ is associated with
- Share market
31. ‘Unnati’ is a credit card issued by
- State Bank of India
32. The headquarter of ‘Credit Rating Information Service of India Limited (CRISIL)’ is located in
33. What is India’s rank on the FDI Confidence Index – 2018?
- Eleventh rank
34. What is India’s rank on the Global Innovation Index – 2018?
- 57th rank
35. Which Indian State was adjudged the best governed large state in the Public Affairs Index (PAI) – 2018?
36. ‘National Statics Day’ is observed on
- June 29
37. SEBI stands for
- Securities and Exchange Board of India
38. Where is the headquarters of credit rating agency ‘ICRA’?
- Gurugram, Haryana
39. What is the maximum age of a girl child for opening account in ‘Sukanya Samriddhi Account’?
- 10 Years
40. Financial Commission is constituted by the President under the
- Article 280
41. Increase in net RBI credit for Central Government represents
- Monetised deficit
42. Index ‘Residex’ is associated with
- Land Prices
43. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched an Aadhaar-based mobile payment application named
44. Section 80 TTA of the Income Tax Act pertains to interest earned on
- Savings Bank Account
45. Devaluation of currency leads to
- increase in the prices of imported goods
46. India changed over the decimal system of coinage in
- April 1957
47. Who is the Regulator of Insurance sector in India?
48. Ten rupee notes contain the signature of
- Governor, Reserve Bank of India
49. For the note issue in India, the Reserve Bank of India has adopted:
- Minimum Reserve System
50. FEMA stands for
- Foreign Exchange Management Act